Private Equity Funds
Private equity funds form a substantial part of our global investment funds practice. Our approach to building this practice has been to put together an integrated private funds practice, that executes high quality, complex and innovative work in the world’s major private funds markets. Our global private equity expertise spans advising private equity firms and investors at all stages of the investment cycle – from fund formation, to investment and exit.
We advise a broad range of financial institutions and independent private equity managers. Our advice encompasses the full range of legal structuring and implementation issues relating to the formation of private equity funds and funds of private equity funds, and in relation to investing in private equity funds. We draw on our comprehensive experience in these markets to ensure a successful establishment of any private equity fund. road
- Ardian: advising on the establishment and fundraising of a number of fund products across private equity, infrastructure and credit strategies.
- J.P. Morgan Private Bank: advising on the establishment of private equity conduit funds offered to J.P. Morgan private bank clients, including formation, review of underlying private equity fund documentation, related placement agent arrangement and review of conduit fund subscriptions.
- KKR: advising on the establishment of a variety of fund products, including private equity, infrastructure and special situations products
- Neuberger Berman: advising on the establishment and closing of NB Euro Crossroads 2018 private equity fund of funds.
- SoftBank: advising as fund counsel on its market-leading approximately US$100bn SoftBank Vision Fund, its successor SoftBank Vision Fund II a number of other key mandates, including a strategic investments fund focused on listed securities and a US$5bn fund to invest in Didi Chuxing.