Corporate Counsel, Stockholm
“I primarily focus on helping both Nordic and international financial investors on the structuring of their acquisitions as well as the restructuring of their assets as part of a refinancing or an exit through either trade sale or an initial public offering. My practice includes a wide range of corporate and related tax issues. I am hard-working and committed in delivering pragmatic and business-minded solutions that add value to deals.”
Education and qualifications
Alain is a counsel in the M&A corporate group in Stockholm and has significant experience in corporate finance, advising the firm's Nordic and international private equity and corporate clients on their complex and challenging M&A transactional, structuring and restructuring matters. Alain is also advising the firms real estate clients on their structuring and restructuring matters.
Alain has advised on the following transactions:
EQT Real Estate II Fund on the SEK 8bn takeover of Stendörren Fastigheter AB (publ), which was carried out as a private purchase of the majority shares in Stendörren Fastigheter AB (publ), followed by a mandatory public offer on the remaining part of the outstanding shares
Nestlé on its acquisition from EQT of a minority stake in the IVC Group, the leading European veterinary services provider
Triton and KKR in connection with the sale to CVC Capital Partners of the Mehiläinen group, which provides social and healthcare services with high quality and customer-oriented approach almost everywhere in Finland
Triton on the restructuring of the Logstor group, a leading supplier of pre-insulated pipe systems for energy-efficient transportation of liquids and gases for district heating and cooling as well as industrial purposes and oil and gas pipelines
Triton and KKR in connection with the SEK 5bn IPO and listing of Ambea AB (publ) on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm
Strategic Value Partners on the USD 559m sale of LINPAC Senior Holding Limited to Klockner Pentaplast GMbH & Co. KG
Alain started his career at Linklaters Brussels in year 2000 and was sworn in as a member of the Brussels Bar in 2001. He moved to Luxembourg in 2002 where spent six years, of which three years in the corporate department of local reputable firms and the last three years at Clifford Chance. In 2008 he relocated to Stockholm and have since then worked in the M&A practice.
Alain also advised on:
- Triton on the sale of Ovako, a leading European producer of engineering steel to Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- Rhone Capital LLC on its EUR 240m acquisition of Eden Springs from management and its EUR 470m sale to Cott Corporation
- Triton on its acquisition of the Fläkt Woods Group
- Triton and KKR on their joint venture to hold jointly ice-class stainless chemical tankers businesses Crystal Nordic
- Dometic Group, a group owned by EQT, on the divestment of its medical business to Navis Capital
- Triton on its acquisition of the Seves Group
- Triton on its acquisition of Denmark-based Logstor from Montaigu
- Triton on the SEK 750m first successful bond issue in the Nordics
- Triton on the merger of AB Gustaf Kähr with Karelia Upofloor Oy
- Bridgepoint on its acquisition, together with Orlando Italy Management, of 50% stake in Limoni as part of the restructuring of Limoni’s EUR 400m debt
- Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc on the EUR 2.7bn acquisition of Phadia from Cinven
- Triton on its acquisition of Moisture Control Services Division
- Triton on its acquisition of Inflight Services group from CapMan
Education and qualifications
Alain obtained a law degree and a master in business law at the Free University of Brussels.
Alain is a member of the Brussels, Luxembourg and Swedish Bar Associations.
Alain speaks fluent French (native language), English and Swedish and has a passive knowledge of Dutch.