Partner, UK Head of Technology Sector, London
"I advise on public and private M&A transactions, with a particular focus on the technology sector. I draw on my specialist expertise to provide clients with in-depth, pragmatic and commercially oriented legal advice to help fulfil their strategic goals."
Education and qualifications
Derek is a corporate partner in the London office and the UK head of the technology sector team.
He advises on public and private mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets transactions, joint ventures, strategic investments and restructurings, with a particular focus on the technology sector.
Derek has led on many high-profile corporate transactions. His experience includes advising:
- Just Eat plc on the acquisition of Hungryhouse
- The Carlyle Group in relation to the acquisition of a 30% interest in CEPSA
- Old Mutual plc in connection with the £12 billion demerger of its four core business units
- HSBC in connection with the US$5.2 billion disposal of its banking business in Brazil
- CMC Markets plc on its initial public offering
- PSP IB on the acquisition of a stake in ZPG plc, the group which owns the online real estate agent company Zoopla and the online comparison website money.co.uk and uSwitch.co.uk
- HSBC in connection with the disposal of its merchant acquiring businesses in Mexico and Bermuda
Derek has spent time in the firm’s Amsterdam office as well as on secondment to RBS.