Counsel, Hong Kong
Solicitor, Supreme Court of England and Wales
Solicitor, High Court of Hong Kong
I-Ping Soong is the co-author of Hong Kong Derivatives: Law & Practice, a legal book on derivatives law in Hong Kong. She advises on regulatory matters concerning over-the-counter derivatives, including on netting and collateral, clearing, reporting and related issues.
She advises on industry-standard documentation such as the ISDA Master Agreement as well as bespoke netting agreements. She also advises on equity, credit, market-access and fund-linked products across Asia as well as stock lending and repo documentation and has a great deal of experience in issues that arise when documenting derivatives with private banking clients.
- 2013 - present: Counsel, Linklaters, Hong Kong
- 2007 to 2013 Managing Associate, Linklaters Hong Kong
- 2005 - 2007 Director of Legal Research and Writing, The Department of Law, The University of Hong Kong
- 2004 - 2005 Assistant Director of Legal Research and Writing, The Department of Law, The University of Hong Kong
- 2000 - 2004 Associate, Allen & Overy, Hong Kong
- 1998 - 2000 Associate, Slaughter and May, Hong Kong
- 1998 - 2000 Trainee Solicitor, Slaughter and May, London
- 2000 - Hong Kong, Overseas Lawyers Qualification Examination
- 1995 - 1996 The College of Law, London, Professional Legal Course
- 1992 - 1995 Exeter College, Oxford, B.A. in Jurisprudence
English, Mandarin and Cantonese.