"I am an experienced dispute resolution lawyer with a particular interest in business crime, collective redress and alternative dispute resolution methods. I focus on keeping our practice up to date with technical developments and write extensively on current topics of interest to our clients."
Jane is an experienced Knowledge Lawyer specialising in commercial litigation. She develops and delivers knowhow and training for external clients as well as Linklaters’ global dispute resolution practice, ensuring the team is always on top of the latest legal developments and changes in practice. She has a particular interest in business and white collar crime and writes many of our client alerts and commentary on this topic. She also acts as in-house technical expert on commercial litigation issues. Her focus recently has extended to alternative dispute resolution procedures and developments in collective redress mechanisms globally.
Jane edits a number of Linklaters’ flagship resources:
Jane qualified in 1992 and spent five years in practice at Frere Cholmeley Bischoff before joining Macfarlanes as sole Litigation PSL in 1998. Jane joined Linklaters Dispute Resolution team in 2002, becoming Counsel in 2013.
Jane is an active member of the Association of Litigation Professional Support Lawyers (ALPS)
Jane’s recent publications include:
- Self-reporting wrongdoing to the SFO – when and why? (Nov 2020) Thomson Reuters Regulatory Intelligence
- The increasing cross-jurisdictional communication between law enforcers and the global nature of corporate accountability (Nov 2020) - Thomson Reuters Regulatory Intelligence and BusinessCrimeLinks
- When should companies self-report wrongdoing to the SFO? (Oct 2020) BusinessCrimeLinks
- I may be a criminal but you can’t get me out of here. Extradition processes in the UK (July 2020) BusinessCrimeLinks
- UK contract guidance on COVID-19 stresses good behaviour (June 2020) – Law 360
- Crime in the time of Covid – the impact of the pandemic on SFO investigations (May 2020) BusinessCrimeLinks
- Banking Litigation in the 2020s – a look forward (May 2020) – Law 360
- Covid-19 – alternative methods of dispute resolution (May 2020) – Linklaters.com
- Taking it all into account - The relevance of a compliance programme for SFO cases (Jan 2020) BusinessCrimeLinks
- Insight: Challenges Facing the Singapore Convention on Mediation (Nov 2019) – Bloomberg Law
- U.S. and UK sign landmark data-sharing agreement, the first under the U.S. CLOUD Act and UK Crime (Overseas Production Orders) Act (October 2019) BusinessCrimeLinks
- What we have learnt about the SFO’s approach to tackling business crime (Oct 2019) BusinessCrimeLinks
- Playing the mediation game (Sept 2019) The Times (Print) - Quote
- Suspicious activity? Overhaul of the SAR process promised in the UK government’s new Economic Crime Plan (Aug 2019) BusinessCrimeLinks