Intellectual Property Partner, London
"I advise on the full range of IP disputes and transactions and use my sector knowledge, particularly in the technology sector, to guide clients through complex situations. I always try to combine legal expertise with a pragmatic approach so that we can focus on the issues that really matter to reach successful outcomes."
Education and qualifications
Paul Joseph is an intellectual property lawyer based in London.
He advises on both contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters. His contentious work has included the litigation and arbitration of copyright, patent, trade mark, data, confidential information and IP licence disputes. On the non-contentious side he advises on global IP licensing, commercialisation and joint venture arrangements, IP structuring and intellectual property issues arising in the context of M&A, joint venture and IPOs. He has extensive technology, FinTech, media and retail sector experience.
Paul sits on the editorial panel of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice and is a member of the SCL and iTechlaw.
Paul’s experience includes advising:
- an insuretech unicorn company on High Court breach of confidence and trade secrets litigation
- a global pharmaceutical company on parallel import litigation relating to medical devices in the Court of Appeal
- a global retailer on an LCIA arbitration involving the licensing of well known fashion brands
- a leading innovation company in the cleantech sector on global IP licensing, joint venture and commercialisation deals
- a global sports retailer on the acquisition of a leading High Street chain
- a global bank on the acquisition of IP and technology assets from a competitor bank in administration