Capital Markets Partner, London
"I advise corporates, investors and investment banks on a full range of capital markets products and financial restructurings, particularly in cross-border setting in the emerging markets. I enjoy helping clients solve complex financial structuring issues, deal with challenging market circumstances, as well as help them come to grips with US law, regulation and disclosure requirements."
Education and qualifications
Yaroslav is a U.S. partner based in our London office, with expertise in advising corporates and investment banks on debt and equity capital markets transactions, as well as investor funds and corporate clients on capital markets aspects of financial restructurings.
Yaroslav has extensive experience advising corporate and investment banking clients on the requirements of U.S. federal securities law and regulation in offerings of securities and in liability management transactions.
Yaroslav has advised on a number notable capital markets transactions and restructurings, including:
- representing Interpipe on the restructuring of its debt facilities and the issuance of $309 million notes due 2024 and performance securities to existing creditors
- representing the lead managers on the DTEK Renewables €325 million green bond (first green bond from a Ukrainian issuer)
- representing the lead managers in Metinvest’s US$1.6bn dual-tranche post-restructuring financing and concurrent tender offer/consent (IFR Emerging EMEA Bond Deal of the Year)
- representing the committee of bondholders on the US$3bn restructuring of the notes and PXF facilities of Metinvest
- representing the bookrunners in the US$300 million offering of GDRs of TCS Group Holding PLC (parent of Tinkoff Bank, Russia’s leading fintech player)
- representing Emaar Malls its listings on the Dubai Financial Market
- representing the banks and issuers on a number of 144A bond issuances including Alrosa, Eurotorg, Gazprom, NLMK, Norilsk Nickel, Severstal, Sibur and others
Prior to joining Linklaters, Yaroslav worked at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP (New York), including a secondment to Mitsui & Co. in Tokyo.
Yaroslav is the co-author of the following publications:
- “Cross-Border Liability Management and U.S. Federal Securities Law”, June 2017/May 2020
- “Metinvest B.V. - The birth of the “Standstill Scheme of Arrangement”, February 2016
- “US Securities Law Briefing: Recent US Court Decisions May Limit Debt Exchange Offers and Restructurings”, August 2015
- “DTEK Exchange Offer and Scheme of Arrangement: facilitating high-yield debt restructurings”, May 2015
- “U.S. Securities Law Briefing: SEC Permits Five Business Day Tender Offers for Non-Convertible Debt Securities”, January 2015