Energy & Infrastructure Counsel, Beijing
"I have more than 10 years’ experience advising on complex cross-border deals for Chinese financial institutions and SOEs, with particular focus on energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors and Belt and Road transactions."
Education and qualifications
Jianbin works closely with major Chinese policy and commercial banks, Chinese Export Credit Agencies (ECA) as well as Chinese enterprises.
He regularly advises international and Chinese banks on complicated, innovative, high-profile and significant financing deals, including project finance in oil and gas, petrochemical, energy, mining and infrastructure sectors, export credits and corporate lending.
Jianbin also has extensive experience on advising commercial contracts in the development of greenfield projects, equity investment and shareholders arrangements and government concessions.
He is also an expert on the “Belt and Road” initiative. Jianbin has acted on many of the most strategically important and complex project financings under the Belt and Road initiative.
Highlights of Jianbin’s extensive experience include advising:
- China Development Bank (CDB), The Export-Import Bank of China (CEXIM) and other Asia and Europeans ECAs and commercial banks on the Arctic 2 LNG in Russia. The project employs an innovative construction concept using gravity-based structures which will minimise its environmental footprint in the Arctic zone of Russia.
- CDB on project financing of Nigerian Lekki Deep Seaport sponsored by China Harbour and Tolaram. Project Lekki is awarded as PFI 2019 Deal of the Year (Africa): infrastructure. Lekki is Nigeria’s first deep sea port and one of Africa’s deepest draught ports
- CDB, CEXIM and Agricultural Bank of China on the project financing of the Amur natural gas processing station in Russia. This is one of the largest gas processing facilities in the world and will be an essential link in the process of supplying natural gas to China via the Power of Siberia gas pipeline
- CDB on the 2x1,050MW Jawa 7 coal fired power project financing in Indonesia
- CDB, China Construction Bank and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and the syndicate led by Habib Bank on the project financing of the Thar Block II 3.8Mt/a coal mine and 2X330MW pit mouth coal-fired power project in Pakistan. This is Pakistan’s first power plant to use indigenous coal reserves of Thar coal under the China Pakistan Economic Corridor
- China Harbour on the development of Colombo Elevated Expressway in Sri Lanka