Banking Partner, Dubai
"I have a wide-ranging banking practice, advising on conventional and Islamic finance transactions to which I bring a commercial, pragmatic, organised approach with a depth of experience and knowledge."
Education and qualifications
Kieron specialises in international banking transactions, with a particular interest in intercreditor arrangements in multi-lateral financings. Kieron has wide-ranging experience in syndicated and secured loan financings with a history of experience in high-grade syndicated facilities (conventional and/or Islamic), cross-border debt restructurings, structured finance and acquisition finance. He enjoys acting on either side of the table, whether for investment and commercial banks or financial sponsors and multinational corporations.
He leads our banking practice in the Middle East which is ranked Tier 1 by IFLR1000 (UAE) and Legal 500 (UAE). The practice advises clients with business interests throughout the GCC region as well as MENA more generally. He heads the know-how team in our Dubai office and often conducts client training seminars.
Prior to moving to Dubai in 2012, Kieron worked in London for 12 years, advising on European and emerging market financings. He has been seconded three times to our clients: to Deutsche Bank in 2002 (to the Investment Banking Division); to RBS throughout 2005 (to the Specialised Lending Services (Global Restructuring Group)); and to Goldman Sachs in 2008/9 (to the Credit Finance Group).
Kieron’s experience includes advising on:
Investment grade facilities
- the US$1.85bn syndicated loan facility for Oman Oil Company, the debut syndicated facility for OOC
- the US$3bn conventional facility for Qatar National Bank
- the US$3.1bn syndicated loan facility for Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA)
- the US$1.1bn syndicated conventional and Islamic facilities for Port & Free Zone World
- the US$1.4bn syndicated conventional loan and Islamic facility for Jumeirah Group
Secured and acquisition finance
- the US$750m facility for the acquisition of Travelex, one of the first UK-style certain-funds acquisition financings provided by Gulf banks for a European target company
- the US$500m conventional and Islamic facilities for JBF RAK LLC
- the acquisition facilities for Gulf Capital’s purchase of Destinations of the World LLC
- the acquisition of Swissport by PAI partners
- the acquisition of General Healthcare Group by Netcare and and Apax Partners
- the US$10bn debt and corporate restructuring of Dubai Group, one of the largest and most complex restructurings of Dubai government investment bodies, involving secured and unsecured conventional and Islamic finance and derivatives exposures
- the US$600m debt restructuring of Lamprell plc.
- the $1.5bn global debt and corporate restructuring of Samsonite Group
- the liquidation of O.W. Bunker (DMCC)
- the £2bn debt restructuring and debt for equity conversion of Gala Coral Group