“I have over 25 years’ experience of litigation and arbitration, and am skilled at advising clients on dispute resolution strategies, resulting in the best outcome for their business.”
Education and qualifications
Daniella heads the firm’s litigation, arbitration & investigations practice in the Netherlands and leads the firm’s global collective redress group. She has a wealth of experience acting as defence counsel in complex, multi-jurisdictional litigation, with a special focus on collective actions.
In addition to her legal qualification, Daniella has a degree in business economics, enabling her to advise authoritatively on complex calculations of damages in disputed cases. She has particular expertise in litigation arising from cartels and is an authority on directors’ duties and liabilities.
Daniella has led on many major cases. These include representing:
- Steinhoff International Holdings N.V.: acting as defence counsel in respect to shareholder litigation following the announcement of multi billion euro accounting irregularities, including 2 collective actions and 3 actions initiated by groups of shareholders in the Netherlands with cross-border elements (Germany, South Africa).
- Airbus SE: acting as defence counsel for current and former non-executive directors of Airbus SE in a Dutch collective action (WAMCA) re shareholders’ claims about alleged failures to disclose bribery and corruption allegations and regulatory investigations in relation thereto
- Dutch private enforcement actions in relation to cartels, including mass claims, against i.a. Air France, LGE, InBev, Goldman Sachs
- Zimmer Biomet: acting as defence counsel in multiple lawsuits brought by patients and insurers in Dutch courts in respect of product liability and non-conformity claims in coordination with similar claims initiated across Europe
- Unilever Corporate Holdings N.V. in proceedings to squeeze out cumulative preference share holders
- Mediahuis during Enterprise Chamber proceedings in relation to the TMG take-over battle
- Ageas (formerly Fortis) in its multibillion Euro disputes with ABN AMRO Bank and the Dutch state following the break-up of the Fortis Group
- Eureko in an arbitration under the Bilateral Investment Treaty between the states of Netherlands and Poland involving Eureko’s investment in PZU, Poland’s major insurance company, and the multibillion Euro settlement
- RBS in its defence in an arbitration involving ABN AMRO in relation to the demerger of ABN AMRO following the acquisition by a consortium
Daniella regularly writes and lectures on litigation and arbitration-related subjects.
Education and qualifications
Daniella studied law at the University of Utrecht and business economics at Erasmus University, Rotterdam and holds a Ph.D in law from Erasmus University.
She speaks English and Dutch.