Partner, São Paulo
“My practice focuses on U.S. corporate finance work, which includes capital markets, banking, M&A and infrastructure finance transactions as well as disclosure and reporting issues. I regularly represent global companies, ‘multilatinas’ and investment banks on a wide range of cross-border transactions involving Latin America.”
Education & Qualifications
Matthew is based in São Paulo and is regarded as a highly skilled advisor to clients on strategically important cross-border corporate and finance transactions in the United States and Latin America.
Matthew advises global companies, “multilatinas” and investment banks on corporate and finance transactions. He has extensive experience advising on SEC-registered and exempt debt and equity offerings, bilateral, syndicated and structured credit facilities, mergers and acquisitions and infrastructure finance transactions.
In addition, Matthew provides SEC-disclosure and reporting advice to foreign private issuers. He also has in-depth knowledge of the banking, protein, agriculture biotech, oil & gas, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Matthew has worked extensively in Latin America, including on significant cross-border transactions involving Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, and Peru. Highlights include advising:
- Union Acquisition Corp. II, a Cayman Islands based SPAC: advising on the business combination with Crynssen Pharma Group Ltd and related listing of new holding company Procaps Group, S.A. on Nasdaq.
- Marfrig Global Foods: advising on the acquisition of over 80% of National Beef Packing Company and the acquisition financings related thereto, and on the US$2.4bn sale of Keystone Foods to Tyson and the related Ohio Beef carve-out transaction.
- PetroRio S.A.: advising on its follow-on primary public offering with restricted selling efforts of 29,700,000 new common shares for R$69.00 each and on its issuance of US$600m 6.125% senior secured notes due 2026.
- Bioceres Crop Solutions Corp.: advising on several private placements of convertible debt securities and its exchange offer for 24,200,000 public and private warrants.
- Petrobras and Vibra Energia (formerly BR Distribuidora): advising on the secondary public offerings of 436,875,000 and 393,187,500 common shares of Vibra Energia.
- 2021 to date Partner, Linklaters, São Paulo
- 2014 - 2021 Partner, Linklaters, New York
- 2006 - 2014 Associate, Linklaters, New York
- 2004 - 2006 Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, New York
Education & Qualifications
Matthew holds a Juris Doctor and Masters of Business Administration from Brigham Young University. Matthew obtained his undergraduate degree in Spanish Translation from Brigham Young University.
Matthew is a member of the New York Bar, United States.