Counsel, New York
Catherine has represented underwriters and issuers, including sovereigns, in SEC-registered initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, and other debt and equity capital markets transactions. Catherine also has experience in private placements and acting for both the issuer and underwriters side on residential mortgage backed securities and covered bond offerings. Catherine works on a variety of structured finance transactions, including issuances of asset-backed securities.
Recent transactions include advising:
- International Finance Corporation on its issuance of the first Forests Bond
- Cerberus on its global issuances of residential mortgage backed securities
- the underwriters on SEC-registered bond offerings by the Republic of South Africa
- Abengoa on the formation and NASDAQ initial public offering of a yieldco comprising selected assets of the company in the U.S., Spain, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Uruguay and Brazil
- Abengoa Yield on its U.S.$255m notes offering and the U.S.$327.9m secondary offering by Abengoa
- National Grid subsidiaries on their U.S. debt offerings
- Swedbank on its notes offerings; and various underwriters on notes offerings by Xstrata, Silverstone and DNB
Catherine studied international relations at Miami University and holds a Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and edited the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law.