In recent years, the Kingdom has emerged as one of the fastest-growing financial markets in the world.
Having advised on some of the key financings in Saudi Arabia, clients have access to our highly experienced and skilled team which can deliver state-of-the-art financing solutions. We have significant experience dealing with borrowers and lenders in the Kingdom across both the conventional and Islamic finance space and continue to support our clients in realising their capital raising strategies. We are recognised leaders in the banking and finance sector in the Kingdom and have been involved in some of the most significant high grade syndicated finance, acquisition finance, debt restructuring, real estate and project development finance and structured finance transactions in the market.
Highlights of our work in Saudi Arabia include:
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: advising the mandated lead arrangers on a US$16bn dual conventional and Islamic financing for the Kingdom.
- Saudi Electricity Company: advising SEC as borrower on its dual conventional and Islamic term and revolving facilities with total commitments across both facilities over US$5.5bn.
- ADES Arabia: advising the arrangers on over US$3bn of conventional and Islamic debt financing to ADES Arabia, a PIF portfolio company.
- Saudi National Bank: advising on its debut syndicated financing from the international markets, with HSBC and Mizuho Bank coordinating.
- Green loans for buses in Saudi Arabia: the lenders on a Hermes covered green ECA loan to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to finance 842 buses for the new Riyadh public transport network, the first ever green ECA loan in Saudi Arabia.
- Gulf Flour Milling Industrial Company: advising Riyad Bank as the lender to Gulf Flour Milling Industrial Company on the SAR 897.45m financing for the acquisition and project financing of a milling company located in Saudi Arabia.