Corporate Partner, Amsterdam
“I have over 20 years’ experience as a civil law notary focusing on corporate transactions and offering clients technical expertise, impartial judgment and rigorous attention to detail. I have a wide knowledge of corporate law, and ensure that deals are executed to the very highest standards.”
Education and qualifications
Guido is a civil law notary specialising in Dutch corporate law, advising on the full range of corporate transactions, including IPOs, (cross-border) mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, buy-outs, private equity and financing transactions.
Guido also advises multinationals, listed companies and other large and medium-sized companies on corporate governance and other corporate issues.
Guido has previous experience in assisting U.S. and Latin America-based clients as the head of corporate, based in New York.
Guido has played a significant role as a civil law notary in many of the international market’s leading transactions. Highlights of his experience include advising:
- Cerberus on the purchase of a controlling interest in Staples’ European operations, consisting of retail, contract, and online businesses in 16 countries generating aggregate annual sales of approximately €1.7 billion
- Recruit on the purchase of USG People NV for €1.42 billion to expand its business as provider of temporary staff in Europe
- ORIX Corporation on the purchase of the remaining stake of Rabobank in Robeco
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in its cross-border merger to the Netherlands and its dual listing on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the MTA (the Milan Stock Exchange)
- Ferrari on its spin-off from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and its listing as Dutch company on the NYSE and the MTA
- Lucas Bols, a Dutch alcoholic beverages company, on its listingon Euronext Amsterdam
- Daimler on the disposal of its shares in European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (now Airbus Group)
Guido is a member of the Royal Dutch Notarial Association and the Dutch Trade Law Association.
He is co-author of the book “The new Dutch law on BV’s in practice”, an advice to the Dutch Royal Notarial Association on the proposed changes to Dutch company law in respect of voting rights and depositary receipts of shares; author of “Mandatory offers of shares and purchase price arrangements”, a description of the benefits and limitations of contractual drag along and tag along arrangements in articles of association; co-author of “Exercise of consent rights by pledgees”, on the exercise of consent rights of shareholders by pledgees of shares, and various other publications available upon request.