Jan Willem de Boer
National Managing Partner, Corporate Partner, Amsterdam
"I am an expert on public and private M&A and boardroom adviser to many Dutch and international clients. My focus is creating solutions for our clients, ensuring the highest quality of work and getting deals done."
Education and qualifications
Jan Willem is the National Managing Partner in the Netherlands and specialises in corporate law, M&A, private equity and restructuring for Dutch and international clients. He is considered to be one of the leading practitioners in the market. Jan Willem has led many of the Dutch market’s most complex and demanding mergers, acquisitions and restructurings. Clients appreciate Jan Willem for his highly effective approach and outstanding performance in near-to-impossible situations and negotiations.
- The Dutch State: advising on the €3.4bn support package for KLM, and the acquisition of a strategic 14% shareholding interest in Air France-KLM.
- RBS: advising on the statutory merger of Alawwal Bank and Saudi British Bank and the winding-up of the ABN AMRO takeover consortium.
- CarNext: advising on its carve out from leasing company LeasePlan and a EUR 400 million capital raise
- DELA: advising on the acquisition of competitor Yarden including its insurance activities, the funeral company and all underlying organisations and participations
- Curetis N.V.: advising on the proposed combination of their business with OpGen (Nasdaq)
- Mediahuis NV (a leading Belgian media company): advising in connection with the acquisition of NDC mediagroep B.V. (“NDC”), a Dutch independent media enterprise and publisher of three regional daily newspapers in the northern part of the Netherlands (Dagblad van het Noorden, Leeuwarder Courant and Friesch Dagblad).
- Twitter: advising on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Revue Holding B.V., a Dutch editorial newsletter platform