Real Estate Partner, London
"I am a real estate lawyer, experienced in advising clients on their most complex, high profile and challenging real estate transactions. I am committed to delivering commercial and pragmatic advice, underpinned by an in-depth knowledge of property law and the market, and am trusted by clients to execute their most significant transactions smoothly and efficiently."
Education and qualifications
Siobhan is a commercial real estate partner who regularly acts for clients on their “big-ticket” transactions. She is experienced in the acquisition, financing, development, letting and disposal of all types of commercial real estate, including offices, retail, student accommodation, mixed-use schemes and data centres. Her clients include major funds, international banks, developers, corporate occupiers, institutional investors and retailers.
Siobhan has advised on a number of high profile real estate transactions – particular highlights include advising:
- On the £1.6bn acquisition by a joint venture (formed between Permodalan Nasional Berhad and the Employees Provident Fund) of Battersea Power Station, comprising the UK’s largest single asset real estate transaction
- Arcadia Group on its conditional purchase and development of a new distribution warehouse facility
- Deloitte, as administrations of the UK arm of Victoria’s Secret, in respect of all property matters relating to the administration business and the subsequent sale of the business to a joint venture purchaser
- On the property aspects of the c.£1.6bn sale of Cory Riverside Energy, and the subsequent debt refinancing
- The owner of the Aldwych Quarter, London (four buildings including the former HQ of the BBC World Service) on multiple lease and leasebacks, including the landmark letting of the site to King’s College London as a new campus HQ
- Novartis AG on the international real estate aspects of (i) the divestment of its vaccines business to GlaxoSmithKline plc for $7.1bn and (ii) the sale of its influenza vaccines business for CSL Limited for $275m
Siobhan is a member of the Urban Land Institute.
Siobhan has published articles on various aspects of commercial property law, including on lease enlargement and authorised guarantee agreements, and is described as being “whip-smart” in the Legal 500 directory.
Siobhan has previously undertaken a secondment to Oaktree Capital.