TMT/IP Counsel, Paris
Education and qualifications
Sonia is heading the Technology, Media and Telecommunications team of Linklaters in Paris. Sonia’s practice covers the full range of TMT legal areas, with a focus on contracts, data protection, internet and telecommunications. Sonia has strong experience in advising companies from diversified sectors (IT editors and service providers, banking, insurance, transportation, telecom, energy, retail, luxe, etc.) across all aspects of major commercial contracts, sourcing and complex procurement transactions, regulation of data and networks, e-business and IT security, telecoms and media projects. Her experience has led her to advise on both service providers and clients’ sides.
Sonia is an active member of l’Association Française du Droit de l’Informatique, IAPP, Fratel, Women in AI and the Global Sourcing Association.
Sonia has gained important experience in advising client on data protection and information governance matters. She has advised major companies in a brand range of industry sectors on various types of global data protection projects.
Her recent experience includes:
- a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of ophthalmic lenses and equipment for eye care professionals, on its global compliance program to the GDPR and other local regulations, involving more than 60 entities across North America, South America, Asia and Europe
- an international banking group with a presence in 75 countries, on its compliance program with the General Data Protection Regulation by drafting all its internal guidelines for data processing
- an American manufacturer of lead-acid batteries, including automotive batteries and industrial batteries, on its compliance program to the GDPR, involving entities in Europe and North America
- a high-performing digital and IT service company on the review of its Information Systems Security Charter applicable to subcontractors ensuring compliance with the GDPR
- negotiating an outsourcing agreement for the implementation of an IT platform and the provision of BPO services
- drafting and negotiating an integration and SaaS agreement for a British multinational banking and financial services company
- drafting of a standard agreement for an international banking group with a presence in 75 countries to oversee its relations with external service providers for the provision of development, data hosting and outsourcing services
- drafting a service agreement for a leading distributor of light and commercial vehicle parts for the development of a cloud based software platform for the management of distributor and garage networks
Education and qualifications
Sonia holds a Master in Intellectual Property Law from the University Montpellier I and a LLM in International Business Law from Kings College London.
She is admitted at the Paris Bar. Sonia speaks French, English and Spanish fluently.