Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions
We are a relationship driven firm and advise clients across the globe on their most complex and important transactions. We are at the forefront of developing innovative structures to simplify the complexities inherent in corporate deals – in established and emerging markets. Our experience extends beyond transactional work and we also look after our clients through every stage of the company life-cycle.
Clients benefit from our comprehensive experience across all corporate disciplines, including:
- Public M&A
- Private M&A
- Joint ventures
- Growth by alternatives to M&A
- Corporate advisory
- Regulatory Compliance
Our corporate practice is supported by global teams of market-leading tax, real estate, employment and incentives, pensions, anti-trust/competition, regulatory and litigation experts as well as teams offering the full range of finance support including all aspects of banking, capital markets and restructuring transactions.
Recent key deals include advising:
Deutsche Börse on its proposed and ultimately aborted £21bn merger with the London Stock Exchange plc
- SABMiller plc on the US$108bn recommended acquisition of SABMiller plc by Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- on the US$103bn merger of Cheung Kong Holdings and Hutchison Whampoa Limited. This is the largest Hong Kong public M&A in history
- Delhaize Group on its €28bn merger with Koninklijke Ahold
- Sanofi on the €20bn asset swap of its animal health business, Merial, for the Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH consumer healthcare business
- Reckitt Benckiser on the US$17.9bn acquisition of US listed company Mead Johnson Nutrition Company
- Rosneft on the US$12.9bn acquisition of Essar Oil Limited from Essar Energy Holdings Limited and its affiliates
- DP World on the creation of a US$3.7bn global investment vehicle in partnership with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), one of North America's largest pension fund managers
- Bayer on the worldwide carve-out of its subgroup Bayer MaterialScience and the subsequent IPO of Covestro AG
- Deutsche Börse on various strategic transactions, e.g. in relation to its proposed all-share merger of equals with London Stock Exchange Group plc ("LSEG") and the acquisition of the Frankfurt-based trading platform 360T
- Novartis in its transformational restructuring involving three strategic deals with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), including the acquisition of GSK’s oncology division, the sale of Novartis’ vaccines business and the creation of a joint venture involving the contribution of Novartis’ OTC business with GSK’s consumer healthcare business
- Visa Europe Ltd on the €18.37bn sale of 100% of its share capital to Visa Inc.