“I am an M&A lawyer regularly advising on cross-border transactions across a number of sectors and advising boards on significant corporate governance decisions.”
Aisling is a corporate partner who specialises in public and private M&A, joint ventures, equity capital markets transactions and corporate governance advisory work.
Aisling has a wide range of sector expertise. She is one of the co-heads of the firm’s healthcare sector and has advised on a number of deals in that area.
Aisling has been mainly based in the firm’s London office with earlier international secondments to Singapore and Budapest, as well as acting for major clients on transactions in South Africa.
Aisling has been involved in a number of high profile deals including advising:
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company in relation to its £46bn recommended offer for Shire plc, the largest ever outbound M&A deal by a Japanese company
- Schneider Electric on its reverse takeover of Aveva Group plc
- Anglo American plc on a number of deals including the acquisition of a majority stake in De Beers, the demerger of Mondi and the sale of Tarmac Middle East
- Mondi on its dual listed company structure and demerger of mpact
- Novartis on its innovative asset swap with GSK, including the sale of its vaccines business to GSK, the purchase of GSK’s oncology business and the contribution of its OTC business to a joint venture with GSK
- Novartis on the disposal of its influenza vaccines business to CSL
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company on the disposal of its core respiratory business to Astra Zeneca
- on the sale of Actavis to Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Landsbanki on the sale of Iceland Foods
- Citigroup on several transactions including its disposals of the egg credit card business, the UK Citicards business and Cabot Financial
- PwC as administrators of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) on their return of $35bn trust assets to clients
- Charity Bank on its funding arrangements (acting on a pro bono basis)
- on secondary capital raisings including those by Dixons, E2V and United Utilities
Aisling was recognised in Management Today’s ‘35 Women under 35’ in 2011 and in The Lawyer magazine 2007 ‘Hot 100’ ranking.