Competition/Antitrust and Sports Managing Associate, London
“I am a competition lawyer focusing on all aspects of EU and UK competition law, with merger control experience in the US and Latin America, having spent time in our London, Brussels and New York offices. I am also a member of the firm’s Sports Sector.”
Education and qualifications
Anand advises on all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including merger control, cartel investigations, abuse of dominance and antitrust compliance issues. His practice covers a range of business sectors, including the pharmaceutical, energy, sport, chemicals and TMT industries.
Key highlights from Anand’s recent experience includes advising:
- Linde on its €86bn merger with Praxair
- Takeda on its $62bn acquisition of Shire
- SAB Miller on its €92bn acquisition by Anheuser-Busch InBev
- A pharmaceutical and manufacturing company on the sale of its business in the medical devices sector
- A leading global bank on market investigations into retail banking practices
Anand is a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales and is admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland.
He has spent time as an Associate in Linklaters’ London, Brussels and New York offices.