Energy & Infrastructure Partner, London
"I am the head of our major projects construction practice within our energy and infrastructure practice. I am experienced in advising sponsors, lenders and contractors on large-scale oil & gas, power and infrastructure projects."
Education and qualifications
Andrew is the head of our major projects construction practice, which is fully integrated within our energy and infrastructure practice. He has over 15 years’ experience advising sponsors, lenders and contractors on large-scale oil & gas, power and infrastructure projects.
Andrew regularly works with clients at the inception of a project to structure the procurement of construction, operations and maintenance activities so that they are fully coordinated with the intended funding and commercial strategy. Andrew has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating contracts across the full range of construction structures, including EPC, EPCM, FEED, multi-contractor structures, onshore/offshore structures and partnering and alliance agreements. He is fully familiar with all the major suites of standard-form documents, including FIDIC, IChemE, LOGIC and NEC and the typical amendments and negotiation points related to them.
Andrew has been responsible for the development of our in-house precedent EPC contract and for the training of our construction team.
Andrew has worked on many large-scale projects. These include, among others, advising:
- INEOS on the development of a world-scale propane dehydrogenation and ethane cracker facility in Belgium.
- Woodside on its Scarborough and Pluto LNG export project in Western Australia.
- Pakistan Refinery Limited on the proposed expansion of its oil refinery.
- China Light & Power and its project partners on the Hong Kong Offshore LNG project.
- SSE on the development of the Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm in the UK.
- innogy on the development of the Triton Knoll Offshore Wind Farm in the UK.
- 2Co on its bid to develop a carbon-capture and storage power project in the UK.