Private Equity: Funds
Private equity funds form a substantial part of our global investment funds practice. Our approach to building this practice has been to put together an integrated private funds practice that executes high quality, complex and innovative work in the world’s major private funds markets. Our global private equity expertise spans advising private equity firms and investors at all stages of the investment cycle – from fund formation to investment and exit.
We advise a broad range of financial institutions and independent private equity managers. Our advice encompasses the full range of legal structuring and implementation issues relating to the formation of private equity funds and investing in private equity funds. We draw on our comprehensive experience in these markets to ensure a successful establishment of any private equity fund.
- Ardian: advising on the establishment of a variety of European fund products and its first U.S. focused private equity buyout fund.
- KKR: advising on the establishment of a variety of fund products, including KKR Americas XII, their flagship US buyout fund and KKR European Fund IV, their European buyout fund.
- Neuberger Berman: advising on the establishment and closing of NB Euro Crossroads 2018 private equity fund of funds.
- Partners Group: advising on a broad range of Luxembourg-based investment vehicles. Our advice related to numerous flagship funds, niche funds, bespoke solutions and individual mandates tailored along the specific needs of the relevant investors
- Softbank: advising as fund counsel on its market-leading approximately US$100bn SoftBank Vision Fund, and as counsel on a number of other key mandates for SoftBank including SVF 2, a highly complex employee investment scheme and a US$5bn fund to invest in Didi Chuxing.