Finance Partner, Paris
“I have considerable experience in a wide range of complex finance transactions, incorporating different structures with a variety of risk profiles. I am viewed as being constructive, keen on helping clients find solutions even in the most complex of deals and have a strong commercial focus.”
Education and qualifications
Patrice leads the firm’s Paris office structured finance and securitisation practice. He advises investment banks, private equity and debts funds, fintech companies and asset managers on structured finance deals, covered bonds and securitisations. These deals include Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS), Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS), Asset-Backed Securities (ABS), Asset-Backed Commercial Paper (ABCP), project bonds, and whole business and synthetic securitisations. More recently, Patrice has advised on portfolio sales.
Patrice also has in-depth knowledge of European regulation applying to securitisation deals.
Patrice has led on many major structured finance transactions in France and cross-border. These include advising:
- Cerberus on its €5bn acquisition financing of the business of GE in France and French overseas territories by means of several public and private ABS transactions backed by mortgage loan, auto loan, auto lease and consumer loan portfolios
- the arrangers and the senior investors on the €600m vehicle fleet bridge-to-securitisation financing of Europcar group in Italy, France and Spain, in the context of its acquisition of the Goldcar group
- the arrangers on the on- and off-balance sheet €350m trade receivables securitisation programme of Elior in France and Spain
- Banque PSA Finance and Santander Consumer Finance on the restructuring of 17 European auto loan and auto lease ABS and ABCP transactions
- the arrangers and the senior investors on the refinancing of the €1.2bn whole business securitisation of the Fraikin group in France, Spain and the UK
- Total on the €1.6bn off-balance sheet factoring receivables securitisation in relation to the refinery and chemical activities of Total group’s subsidiaries in Belgium, France, Germany, Spain, the UK and Texas
- the arrangers and joint lead managers on the €189m project bond for Axione Infrastructures backed by the EIB's project bond credit enhancement instrument
Patrice is a member of the securitisation committee on Paris Europlace, an industry body which promotes the French financial services sector.
Education and qualifications
Patrice studied business law at the University of Lyon and holds a master’s in law from Christian Albrecht University, Kiel, Germany, a master’s in business and tax law from the University of Bourgogne and a master’s in economy and finance from the Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences-Po).
He speaks French, German and English.