Corporate Partner, London
"I am a corporate lawyer, focussing on major cross-border public and private M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and corporate governance advisory work."
Education and qualifications
Charlie is a partner in the firm’s London office. He is a specialist in corporate law and advises domestic and international corporates on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters. He has a broad base of experience, including public and private M&A, corporate restructurings and joint ventures. Charlie regularly advises London listed companies on corporate governance issues. His expertise spans many sectors and he has particular knowledge of the infrastructure, consumer and retail sectors.
Charlie has spent time on secondment to Sainsbury’s.
- Unilever on the successful defence to the $145bn approach from Kraft-Heinz
- National Grid on the sale of a 61% interest in its UK gas distribution business (Cadent). The enterprise value for Cadent was approximately £13.8bn, making this the biggest ever energy infrastructure deal in the UK (winner of the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards 2017 for Managing Complexity and Scale and Legal Week’s British Legal Awards 2017 for M&A Team of the Year (Large Deal))
- Schneider Electric on its £3.4bn acquisition of Invensys
- Ophir Energy, the Africa and Asia-focused oil and gas company, on its London listing and subsequent capital raisings and takeovers of Dominion Petroleum and Salamander Energy
- AXA on M&A transactions in a number of jurisdictions, including the UK, Portugal and Nigeria
- Delphi Automotive on its £1.1bn acquisition of HellermannTyton