Antitrust & Foreign Investment Managing Associate, Brussels
"I advise on all aspects of global competition law and foreign investment control, with particular expertise in international merger control and Belgian and Dutch competition law. I combine an in-depth understanding of the legal and commercial topics with a pragmatic and efficient approach, offering well-considered and creative solutions to your legal challenges."
Education and qualifications
Qualified in the Netherlands, Lodewick is a Managing Associate in our global Antitrust & Foreign Investment practice, based in Brussels.
Lodewick represents clients from around the world in dealings with competition authorities as well as in court litigation.
Lodewick has particular experience in complex (phase 2) merger control matters that involved remedies and is the go-to person for our clients and the global practice for any queries related to Belgium and Netherlands on antitrust, merger control and foreign investment control. His broad practice has a particular focus on the automotive, chemical, healthcare, mining, retail and tech sectors.
Lodewick has advised clients in relation to many significant merger control and antitrust matters. This includes advising:
- TDR Capital on the sale of LeasePlan to ALD Automotive
- Glencore on its acquisition of the remaining stake in the Cerrejón coal mine in Colombia from its joint venture partners, Anglo American and BHP
- DELA in relation to its acquisition of Yarden
- Mediahuis on its acquisition of NDC
- Linde on the global merger filing aspects of its US$90bn merger with Praxair
- Johnson & Johnson on the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics
- Delhaize in relation to its merger with Ahold
- A leading global healthcare company in a dawn raid and antitrust investigation
- An electronic consumer goods company in relation to its appeal before the European Courts against a cartel fine imposed by the European Commission
Lodewick jointed Linklaters in 2013. During his career, Lodewick was seconded to the London office.
Before joining Linklater, Lodewick interned at the European Commission’s Directorate General for Competition and the Dutch Competition Authority (ACM)
- A. MANGIARACINA, and L. PROMPERS, “Data and Privacy in EU Merger Control”, GCR Digital Markets Guide – First Edition, Part 1 – Europe, December 2021
- Gerwin Van Gerven & Lodewick Prompers, “LG Electronics and Philips v Commission: Joint Venture Parents, Be Aware”, JECLAP 3/2018
- Maikel Van Wissen & Lodewick Prompers, “Big Data, Big Concerns? EU Competition Law Implications of the Changing Role of Big Data in the Financial Services Industry”, Competition Policy International, December 2016
- Nikolaos Peristerakis, Lodewick Prompers & Mar García, “The Commission’s Merger Enforcement in Mobile Mergers: Brave New World for Non-coordinated Effects?”, CPI Antitrust Chronicle, November 2015 (1)
- Jonas Koponen & Lodewick Prompers, “Personal and private: The competition analysis in the Facebook/WhatsApp decision”, Competition Law Insight, 9 June 2015
- S. Yilmaz & L.M.J.N. Prompers, “Keep Your Eyes Fixed on the Stars and Your Feet on the Ground: Recent Developments in the EU
- Telecommunications Sector from a Competition Law Perspective”, The Computer & Internet Lawyer, Volume 32, Number 1, January 2015
- L.M.J.N. Prompers, “Seller beware: uitsluiting van aanbestedingen op basis van een overtreding van het mededingingsrecht”, MP 2014/4, pp. 26-30
Education and qualifications
Lodewick holds a master degree from the University of Amsterdam and an MJur degree from Oxford University. During his time at university, Lodewick spent half a year on exchange at the New York University School of Law.
Lodewick speaks Dutch and English.