Lodewick Prompers advises on all aspects of EU and national competition law including cartels, abuse of dominance, mergers and compliances issues, with a focus on complex EU and Dutch merger control cases. Lodewick works for clients in a wide range of industries, including the healthcare, food and beverage, telecommunications and private equity sectors.
Lodewick interned at the European Commission’s Directorate General for Competition and the Dutch Competition Authority (ACM) before joining Linklaters.
- 2013 Associate, Linklaters, Brussels
- 2012 - 2013 Oxford University, MJur
- 2010 - 2011 University of Amsterdam, LL.M.
- 2006 - 2010 University of Amsterdam, LL.B.
- 2009 - 2010 New York University School of Law, exchange program
- Gerwin Van Gerven & Lodewick Prompers, “LG Electronics and Philips v Commission: Joint Venture Parents, Be Aware”, JECLAP 3/2018
- Maikel Van Wissen & Lodewick Prompers, “Big Data, Big Concerns? EU Competition Law Implications of the Changing Role of Big Data in the Financial Services Industry”, Competition Policy International, December 2016
- Nikolaos Peristerakis, Lodewick Prompers & Mar García, The Commission’s Merger Enforcement in Mobile Mergers: Brave New World for Non-coordinated Effects?, CPI Antitrust Chronicle, November 2015 (1)
- Jonas Koponen & Lodewick Prompers, “Personal and private: The competition analysis in the Facebook/WhatsApp decision”, Competition Law Insight, 9 June 2015
- S. Yilmaz & L.M.J.N. Prompers, “Keep Your Eyes Fixed on the Stars and Your Feet on the Ground: Recent Developments in the EU Telecommunications Sector from a Competition Law Perspective”, The Computer & Internet Lawyer, Volume 32, Number 1, January 2015
- L.M.J.N. Prompers, “Seller beware: uitsluiting van aanbestedingen op basis van een overtreding van het mededingingsrecht”, MP 2014/4, pp. 26-30.