Banking and Finance Partner, Warsaw
“I have more than 18 years’ experience of advising on all types of financing transactions in Poland and cross-border. I am reliable, personable and calm under pressure with a solution-driven approach to transactions.”
Education and qualifications
Marta heads the firm’s Warsaw office Banking and Finance practice, structuring, managing and delivering local and cross-border transactions.
Marta advises financial institutions and corporates on all types of financing transactions, from investment grade loans and margin lending to real estate, project finance and restructurings.
She has advised on an increasing number of energy-related transactions, including renewables operations and onshore and offshore windfarms.
Marta has led, or advised, on many market-leading banking and finance transactions. These include advising:
- PKO BP on a margin lending facility to PFR in connection with its acquisition (together with PZU) of a controlling stake in Bank Pekao
- a consortium of banks on arranging a revolving credit facility of up to PLN10bn for Polskie Gornictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo, the largest Polish oil and gas exploration and production company, to finance its operations and investment plans
- a consortium of banks on the PLN1.5bn facility for Grupa Azoty, the largest Polish and one of the largest European chemical companies
- two large Polish corporates from the energy sector on the establishment of their EMTN Programme
- EBRD and BNP Paribas Bank Polska on the PLN700m financing of a 200MW portfolio of wind and solar projects in Poland
- Meridiam and Urbaser on a PLN3.5bn financing for a PPP project, high-efficiency waste-to-energy CHP plant to provide district heating