Energy & Infrastructure Partner, Dubai
Matt is a partner in the energy & infrastructure team who advises on a wide range of ground-breaking transactions in the oil, gas and petrochemicals sectors. He has over 20 years’ experience acting on all aspects of energy projects for governments, sponsors, borrowers and commercial banks, DFIs and Export Credit Agencies.
Matt was head of the Linklaters’ Moscow office until 2016.
Matt’s recent experience includes advising:
- all ECAs and lenders including bpi France, SACE, Euler Hermes, EkN, KJBIC, Nexi, Exiar, DCV, CEXIM on the US$19bn Yamal LNG project financing in Russia, sponsored by Total, Novatek and CNPC
- the ECAs (Coface and ONDD), Russian and international commercial banks (including Sberbank) and EBRD in relation to the €750m project financing of a new build PVC plant by RusVinyl, a joint venture between Sibur and Solvay
- the lenders on the development and financing of the US$750m Usolsky potash complex project financing in Perm region, Russia, for EuroChem
- the borrower on the SACE supported financing of the $6 billion Jamnagar refinery and associated polypropylene plant in Gujarat, India
- the sponsors and borrower on the proposed financing of the Fennovoima nuclear project in Finland
- BP in connection with the reorganisation of its olefins and derivatives business (and two refineries) into Innovene and the subsequent sale of Innovene to INEOS
- the commercial lenders on the financing in excess of €1bn for the development of the Yuzhno-Russkoye gas field project in Siberia, being developed by Gazprom, E.ON and BASF