Litigation, Arbitration & Investigations Managing Associate, London
"I specialise in litigation, investigations and crisis management. I enjoy disputes that centre on complex regulatory frameworks, translating technical areas of the law into clear, strategic advice for clients."
Education and qualifications
Tom is a Managing Associate in Litigation, Arbitration and Investigations in London. His practice focusses on investigations, contentious regulatory disputes and crisis management. He has advised on a number of enforcement investigations conducted by the FCA, PRA, FRC, CMA and public inquires. He has experience helping clients through unannounced inspections and other crises.
Tom has advised clients across a number of sectors, including financial services, professional services, transport, telecommunications and retail.
Tom has undertaken secondments to Nomura's Litigation Team in London and Linklaters' Hong Kong office.
Tom's experience includes:
- Advising The UK Government on industry litigation exposure arising out of restructuring of train operating company franchises in response to the Coronavirus epidemic.
- Acting for Deloitte LLP in relation to the FRC's AEP investigation into issues arising from Deloitte's audits of the Go-Ahead Group plc and its subsidiaries.
- Acting for a global financial institution on its defence of a large group litigation relating to alleged competition law breaches concerning FX trading.
- Acting for a leading international commercial bank in relation to an enforcement investigation into its AML and financial crime systems and controls.
- Acting for global financial service holding company institution in relation to an enforcement investigation concerning the Payment Services Regulations.
- Acting for a major UK retail bank on an enforcement investigation into the way in which it processed the accounts and investments of deceased customers.