Aedamar is the Global Head of Corporate based in London who specialises in public and private M&A and corporate governance advisory work.
She is the lead relationship partner for many of the firm’s FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 clients across a broad range of sectors, including Amec Foster Wheeler, Aviva, HSBC, MS Amlin, Tate & Lyle and Vesuvius.
Aedamar is a member of the team leading the expansion of the firm’s business in Latin America and has advised on many deals in the region.
Recognised as a leading M&A lawyer in The Lawyer magazine 2016 Hot 100 ranking, Aedamar has recently led a number of high-profile M&A deals including:
- Visa Europe on its €18.4bn sale to Visa Inc
- HSBC on the US$5.2bn sale of its Brazilian business to Banco Bradesco, having previously advised HSBC on the sale of eight banks in Latin America
- Dixons on its £4bn merger with Carphone Warehouse
- Amlin on the £3.48bn recommended offer by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance
- Amec on its £3.2bn acquisition of Foster Wheeler
- Alent on the £1.35bn recommended offer by Platform Speciality Products (Alent was demerged from Cookson Group in 2012. Aedamar advised Cookson on the demerger)
Aedamar is the Global Head of Corporate at Linklaters, with responsibility for managing the firm’s corporate practice. She is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee, the management body of the firm globally.
Before joining the firm’s Executive Committee, Aedamar was a member of the firm’s Partnership Board, the governance body of the firm, for several years and was elected as the Senior Board Member in September 2015.
She previously sat on the firm’s Partnership Election Committee for four years and was global co-head of Linklaters’ retail sector group for three years.
Aedamar is also a non-executive director of FTSE company James Fisher and Sons plc, a leading provider of specialist services to the marine and oil and gas industries worldwide. She sits on the company’s audit, remuneration and nominations committees.
Aedamar is an active sponsor of the Linklaters Women’s Leadership Programme which aims to support the firm’s women in reaching senior leadership positions. She features in City A.M.s Power 100 Women List for 2016.
Education and qualifications
Aedamar studied law at University College, Dublin.