Global Head of Corporate, London
“I am the Global Head of Corporate and recognised as a leading public and private M&A lawyer. Based in London, I lead the firm’s relationships with many of our largest international clients, advising their boards on a wide range of issues. My practice involves leading some of the most significant and high-profile deals in the market.”
Education and qualifications
I am Linklaters’ Global Head of Corporate. Based in London, I am recognised as a leading public and private M&A lawyer, advising on some of the most significant and high-profile deals in the market. I advise the boards of many of the firm’s largest international clients on a wide range of issues. Alongside being a member of the Linklaters’ Executive Committee, the management body of the firm globally, I lead the firm’s relationships with many of our large international clients, including Capita, G4S, HSBC, MS Amlin, Tate & Lyle, Vesuvius and Visa. With deep experience and interest in Latin America, I am a member of the team leading the expansion of the firm’s business in the region.
High-profile deals which I have led include:
- HSBC: advising on the US$5.2bn sale of its Brazilian business to Banco Bradesco.
- HSBC: advising on the disposal of retail banking and insurance operations in Costa Rica, El Salvador and Honduras to Banco Davivienda
- G4S on the recommended £3.8bn cash offer by Allied Universal and its defence of the hostile £3.68bn cash offer by Garda World Security Corporation
- G4S on the sale of its cash business to Brinks for £727m
- Capita on its £701m Rights Issue
- Amec Foster Wheeler on its recommended £2.3bn public M&A takeover by John Wood Group
- Amec Foster Wheeler on its £3.2bn acquisition of Foster Wheeler
- Unilever on its defence of the US$145bn approach by the Kraft Heinz Company
- Visa Europe on its €18.4bn sale to Visa Inc
- Dixons on its £4bn merger with Carphone Warehouse
- Amlin on the £3.48bn recommended offer by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance
Before joining the firm’s Executive Committee, I was a member of the firm’s Partnership Board, the governance body of the firm. I previously sat on the firm’s Partnership Election Committee for four years and was global co-head of Linklaters’ retail sector group for three years.
Diverse leadership in the legal sector is an area I am passionate about and have been an active sponsor of the Linklaters Women’s Leadership Programme. I have also previously been included in City A.M’s Power 100 Women List, Financial News’ list of Europe’s 20 Most Influential Leaders in Legal Services 2021 and recognised as a leading M&A lawyer in The Lawyer magazine Hot 100 ranking.
I am a Senior Independent Director of FTSE company James Fisher and Sons plc and sit on its audit, remuneration and nominations committees.
Education and qualifications
Aedamar studied law at University College, Dublin.