Global Head of Employment & Incentives, London
"I advise leading corporations and financial institutions, including their boards, on significant corporate transactions, crisis management and regulatory investigations, as well as a wide range of advisory matters including corporate governance, senior hires and terminations, workforce engagement, accountability, executive pay, management incentives, ESG, global remuneration regulation and risk."
Alex leads Linklaters’ Global Employment and Incentives practice which advises leading corporations and financial institutions including 8 of the FTSE Top 10, over half of the FTSE top 20, ¾ of the top 20 global investment banks and half of the top 20 global asset managers including their boards, on their most complex, sensitive and strategic people and reward-related issues. Alex specialises in Board, executive and senior management appointments; global remuneration rules including the application of freezing, malus and clawback; incentive plan design and implementation; workforce engagement; significant corporate transactions, crisis management and investigations and severance arrangements and terminations.
She chairs Linklaters’ London Social Impact Committee and is on the Board of Trustees of St Mungo’s, the UK homelessness charity and chair of its People Committee. She is also a member of Business in the Community’s London Leadership Board.
Alex’s experience includes working on the following high-profile deals:
- Wise, Alphawave IP Group, Endeavour Mining and MetroBank on their London listings
- Just Eat on its merger with Takeaway.com
- Shire on its merger with Takeda
- Investec on the de-merger of Investec Asset Management
- GDF Suez on its acquisition of International Power
Alex is often quoted in the media and has appeared on BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme, BBC World, CNN, CNBC and Sky News. She has been quoted by the press worldwide including in the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal and New York Times.
Alex edits Linklaters’ Global Remuneration Guide, which is a definitive guide to remuneration rules across the globe, and has written extensively on employee incentives and remuneration regulation. Examples of her articles include:
- Rules of engagement—remuneration for employers and employees, November 2016, Lexis Nexis
- “How to solve the five most common malus and clawback issues”, Compliance Monitor, December 2015
- “Tougher curbs on bankers’ pay”, Compliance Monitor, July 2015
- Bankers’ Bonuses: Will The Proposed Cap Fit? Employment Law Journal, April 2013
- “Bonus caps get thrown in the political ring”, Compliance Monitor, March 2013
- “Pangs of further pay-related pain”, Compliance Monitor, December 2012
Alex is a member of the Corporate & Regulatory Committee of the Share Plan Lawyers Group and is Vice-Chair of the Pro Share Share Plans & Financial Services Focus Group.
Alex studied law at King’s College, University of London and received a Distinction from BPP Law School for the Legal Practice Course.
She speaks intermediate French, Spanish and Arabic.