"I advise leading corporations and financial institutions, including their boards, on corporate governance and accountability, executive pay, incentives and global remuneration rules, often in the context of significant corporate transactions, crisis management or regulatory investigations."
Alex leads Linklaters’ Incentives team, which last year advised numerous global corporations and financial institutions including 40 of the FTSE 100, 8 of the FTSE top 10, over half the top 20 global banks and half the top 20 global asset managers. Chambers reports clients saying: "Advice is to the point and clear to understand, removing the waffle and legal caveats so often found when receiving advice."
Alex also has extensive experience working with lawmakers and regulators on the development of new legislation and regulation. She is referred to in Legal 500 as a ‘consummate expert’ in her area.
Alex was recognised in the Financial News “40 under 40 legal rising stars” in 2014.
Alongside her legal career, is a Trustee of the UK homelessness charity St Mungo's and chairs Linklaters' London Community Investment Committee.
Alex has led on the remuneration governance and incentives aspects of numerous high-profile deals. These include advising:
- AMEC Foster Wheeler on its merger with Wood Group
- Unilever on its approach from Kraft
- Friends Life on its takeover by Aviva
- MetroBank and Aldermore on their IPOs
- Ophir Energy on its acquisition of Salamander Energy
- Al Noor Hospitals on its merger with Mediclinic
- GDF Suez on its acquisition of International Power
Alex is often quoted in the media and has appeared on BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme, BBC World, CNN, CNBC and Sky News. She has been quoted by the press worldwide including in the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal and New York Times.
Alex edits Linklaters’ Global Remuneration Guide, which is a definitive guide to remuneration rules across the globe, and has written extensively on employee incentives and remuneration regulation. Examples of her articles include:
- Rules of engagement—remuneration for employers and employees, November 2016, Lexis Nexis
- “How to solve the five most common malus and clawback issues”, Compliance Monitor, December 2015
- “Tougher curbs on bankers’ pay”, Compliance Monitor, July 2015
- Bankers’ Bonuses: Will The Proposed Cap Fit? Employment Law Journal, April 2013
- “Bonus caps get thrown in the political ring”, Compliance Monitor, March 2013
- “Pangs of further pay-related pain”, Compliance Monitor, December 2012
Alex is a member of the Corporate & Regulatory Committee of the Share Plan Lawyers Group and is Vice-Chair of the Pro Share Share Plans & Financial Services Focus Group.
Alex studied law at King’s College, University of London and received a Distinction from BPP Law School for the Legal Practice Course.
She speaks intermediate French, Spanish and Arabic.