Dispute Resolution Counsel, Frankfurt
"I regularly represent clients in technically complex cases, with a particular focus on product liability and safety, commercial and post-M&A disputes. My extensive experience allows me to stay calm under pressure and to offer decisive, practical and well-considered advice, whether during negotiations or in a product crisis."
Education and qualifications
Anke has specialised experience in domestic and international dispute resolution with a particular focus on product liability cases, post-M&A arbitration and corporate and commercial disputes. She is a skilled litigator and regularly represents clients in technically complex cases before courts, arbitral tribunals and in out-of-court negotiations. Anke also advises clients from the automotive, industrial and healthcare sectors on all areas of product liability (from risk prevention, to supply chain management, to questions of product safety and liability, recalls, individual compensation claims and collective redress).
Anke co-heads the editorial board of ProductLiabilityLinks, Linklaters’ product liability blog, offering insights, commentary and regular updates on commercial and regulatory developments, current initiatives and relevant decisions in product liability related matters.
Anke has advised on a full range of national and international litigation and arbitration matters, examples are:
- defending one of the leading manufacturers of medical devices in over 100 lawsuits of patients and health insurers before German courts and coordinating the litigation strategy for both in- and out-of-court claims
- representing a manufacturer of medical devices in a dispute regarding indemnification for product liability damages
- representing a German technology company in liability proceedings regarding the construction of generators for power plants in South America
- representing a major international industrial service provider in an infrastructure arbitration
- defending Flex-N-Gate in a post-M&A arbitration against a German DAX company and parallel U.S. litigation
Education and qualifications
Anke studied law at the Humboldt University in Berlin and holds an LL.M. in international law from Edinburgh University, where she focused on investment arbitration. She spent her legal traineeship in Berlin and Hong Kong and is admitted to the German bar. Anke is a member of the German Institution of Arbitration (Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtbarkeit – DIS) and DIS40.
Anke speaks German and English.
Anke frequently speaks at workshops and seminars on international arbitration, collective redress and product liability issues and publishes on both procedural and product liability law. Recent examples are:
- „Emerging liability of online trading platforms for defective products?”, ProductLiabilityLinks, 26 August 2020
- “Haftung Benannter Stellen für fehlerhafte Medizinprodukte“, Bundesgerichtshof, judgement of 27 February 2020 – VII ZR 151/18, NJW 2020, 1480-1482 (together with Dr Rupert Bellinghausen)
- „Das Berufungsgericht und die Sachverständigen“, Bundesgerichtshof , judgement of 14 May 2019 – VI ZR 393/18, NJW 2019, 2978-2980 (together with Dr Rupert Bellinghausen)