Anton is a real estate lawyer who has advised on transactions in Brussels and Luxembourg since 2001. He has headed Luxembourg’s downstream real estate practice since the beginning of 2015.
Anton advises on the full range of issues within real estate, including incorporation and sale and purchase of real estate companies or real estate assets, real estate financing, environmental and town planning matters, litigation and structuring of projects. Anton’s practice also incorporates general commercial and contract law, construction law, agency and distribution law and projects.
Among an extensive range of real estate transactions, Anton has advised:
- on the construction of a wind farm in Luxembourg, including the negotiation of a related turbine supply agreement and service agreement with Siemens AG, one of the first of its kind in Luxembourg
- AG Real Estate on the sale of part of its stake in Interparking, a major European company involved in the management of car parks, to a subsidiary of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Mosella Consult Sàrl and AG Insurance SA on the acquisition of a shareholding in Immo 3 Rue Jean Monnet Sàrl, which owns an office building in Luxembourg-Kirchberg, as well as on a lease agreement with the European Investment Bank. This was one of the largest real estate transactions in the country in 2015
- KBL epb on the sale of Centre Europe SA, a Luxembourg company owning a commercial and office building
- Intégrale Immo Lux on the acquisition of a plot of land in Luxembourg, and the subsequent letting to G4S
Education and qualifications
Anton studied law at the Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis and at the UCL Catholic University of Louvain.
He speaks French, Dutch and English.