Counsel, New York
Catherine works on a variety of structured finance transactions, including issuances of asset-backed securities, repacks, secured lending and receivables financing transactions. Catherine also has experience in acting for both the issuer and underwriters’ side on residential mortgage-backed securities and covered bond offerings, including in relation to risk retention and other regulatory matters. Catherine has represented underwriters and issuers, including sovereigns, in SEC-registered initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, private placements and other debt and equity capital markets transactions.
Recent transactions include advising:
- Underwriters: advising on global issuances of mortgage-backed securities.
- Bank: advising on a private placement repack program.
- Bank: advising on its structured note program.
- Capital on Tap: advising on its receivables financing transaction.
- National Grid: advising the issuer on issuances on its shelf program.
- International Finance Corporation: advising on its issuance of the first Forests Bond.
- Cerberus: advising on its global issuances of residential mortgage-backed securities.
- Underwriters: advising on SEC-registered bond offerings by the Republic of South Africa.
- Abengoa: advising on the formation and NASDAQ initial public offering of a yieldco comprising selected assets of the company in the U.S., Spain, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Uruguay and Brazil.
- Abengoa Yield: advising on its US$255m notes offering and the US$327.9m secondary offering by Abengoa.
- National Grid subsidiaries: advising on their U.S. debt offerings.
- Swedbank: advising on its notes offerings; and various underwriters on notes offerings by Xstrata, Silverstone and DNB.
Catherine studied international relations at Miami University and holds a Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and edited the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law.