Capital Markets Partner, Milan, and Managing Partner, Western Europe
“I have extensive knowledge in complex capital markets transactions, hold a senior position in the firm’s management team and lead a number of groundbreaking initiatives promoting diversity in the business world. I am innovative, positive in my approach and focused on delivering commercially viable solutions required by clients.”
Education and qualifications
Claudia is the firm’s managing partner for Western Europe and a member of firm’s Executive Committee.
Claudia is a renowned capital markets’ lawyer, advising leading domestic and international banks and issuers on public M&A deals and a full range of equity and equity-linked transactions, including IPOs, private placements, rights issues, secondary offerings, bond issues and convertible bonds. She is widely acknowledged for her leading role in transactions that has allowed the capital strengthening of the main Italian listed banks.
Claudia also advises senior board members of Italian banks and listed companies on corporate governance matters, including being actively involved in supporting more women to join company boards. She also took a lead role in the review of the firm’s governance structure.
Claudia has led on many market-leading deals. Highlights include advising:
- UniCredit on its €13bn rights issue and on the previous €4bn and €7.5 bn rights issues
- Banca Popolare dell'Emilia Romagna (BPER) in the context of its transformation into a joint stock company
- UniCredit on the placing of shares of FinecoBank
- the managers on the IPO of Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, the Italian coffee company
- Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena on two rights issues which raised €8bn in total
- Banca Popolare di Milano on its €500m rights issue
- the joint global coordinators in the context of the IPOs of FinecoBank, Moncler and Anima Holding
- Telecom Italia on the issuance of €3.3bn convertible bonds
Claudia is a non-executive board member of Allianz S.p.A. and Borsa Italiana (Italian Stock Exchange) and external member of the board of directors of Politecnico di Milano, the largest technical university in Italy. She was also a Non Executive Board Member of Il Sole 24 Ore S.p.A. and Moleskine S.p.A.
Claudia has played a leading role in a number of significant diversity initiatives, including:
- in 2010, founding Breakfast@Linklaters, a networking and talent-promoting forum for the Italian female business community
- since 2009 to November 2016 being on the board of Valore D, the leading association in Italy for prominent Italian companies committed to supporting female leadership in the corporate world, including being president of Valore D between 2013 and 2016
- in 2015, leading “In the Boardroom”, a Valore D project which trained some 300 women in the role of board membership, followed by a key role in setting up “The CEO School”, the initiative aimed at enabling a greater number of women to hold positions on executive boards
- in 2015, as a member of the International Board of Women for Expo
- since 2014 being a member of the scientific committee of Parks - Liberi e Uguali, a non-profit organisation promoting diversity and inclusion
Claudia regularly speaks at conferences, roundtables, seminars, TED events and courses on financial and corporate governance matters, as well as on diversity issues. She has been interviewed and gave her contribution to a number of books on female power and talent.
Education and qualifications
Claudia studied law at the University of Milan.
She speaks Italian and English.