Counsel, Head of Korea Capital Markets, Seoul
“I advise on the full range of debt and equity capital markets deals, focusing on the most complex and business-critical transactions for major banks and corporates. US qualified and based in Seoul, I am fully familiar with the local market and value longstanding relationships. I always strive to deliver exactly what our clients require, am always available to respond to their instructions and ensure that my advice is commercially focused.”
Education and qualifications
Daniel leads the capital markets practice in Korea, where he is highly regarded as one of the top capital markets lawyers.
Daniel advises issuers and underwriters on cross-border private placements and public offerings of debt and equity securities, including IPOs, depositary receipts, equity-linked bonds, perpetual bonds and covered bonds.
Daniel has advised on many of the region’s ground-breaking deals, including on every issuance of covered bonds in Korea over the past five years and most of the US-registered shelf-takedowns.
Daniel has led on many market-leading transactions. These include advising:
- the joint lead managers on the issue of US$300m convertible bonds by Kakao Corp
- the underwriters on a series of notes as part of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)-registered takedowns by the Republic of Korea, The Export-Import Bank of Korea and the Korea Development Bank
- the joint lead managers on the offer and sale of US$500m notes by POSCO, as well as many other 144A issuances for other major Korean corporates, including LG Chem and SK Telecom
- the underwriters on the initial public offering of Netmarble
- Kookmin Bank, Korea’s largest commercial bank, on the establishment of its statutory covered bond programme (the first in Korea) and multiple successful drawdowns thereunder