Tax Counsel, Luxembourg
Danièle Buchler joined Linklaters Luxembourg’s tax practice in 2009 and was promoted to counsel in May 2022. She regularly advises corporate clients on the Luxembourg tax aspects of cross-border reorganisations and assists investment managers in the set-up and tax structuring of joint venture companies and fund vehicles. She further has significant expertise in the tax structuring of private equity transactions. Aside from her focus on funds and financial investors, Danièle also advises on the various tax angles (incl. VAT) of local real estate transactions both by way of share deals and asset deals.
Danièle was admitted to the Luxembourg Bar in 2010 and is a member of the Luxembourg branch of the International Fiscal Association as well as actively involved in a number of working groups of the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI), in particular regarding DAC 6 and the different ATAD initiatives. She also takes part in LPEA’s PE4W.
Whereas Danièle’s main area of focus is corporate income tax, she also has a considerable expertise in value added tax matters.
- Partners Group: advising on the structuring of a new Luxembourg investment platform involving two parallel AIFs as well as the subsequent transfer of an existing investment portfolio to this new platform on a cashless basis.
- A leading financial services organisation: advising on its entry into a 90:10 joint venture with a property developer and manager with the objective to create a Spanish portfolio of private residential assets.
- One of the world’s largest investment managers and a group of real estate and holding companies:advising on the re-financing of the shopping factory outlet "Serravalle", located in Serravalle Scrivia, Italy.
- A German private equity fund: advising on the acquisition structure as well as structuring of a co-investment programme in connection with different investments across Europe (notably incl. an Italian manufacturer of plastic conduit systems for electrical installations and a German premium provider of automatic fire protection systems).
- Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA) and Nuveen Real Estate: advising on the €625 million disposal of TIAA’s 25% of its stake in Cityhold Office Partnership, a pan-European office joint venture.
- Nuveen Real Estate: advising on the structuring of a joint venture with Eagle Street Partners, a real estate investment and asset manager, and the Health Employees Superannuation Trust Australia with respect to the acquisition of a site in Dublin to develop a build-to-rent scheme with a gross development value in excess of EUR 500m.
Danièle holds a Bachelor of Law as well as Master I and II in International/English and North-American Business Law from University of Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne (France), part of which she spent at McGill Faculty of Law (Canada). She also holds a LL.M. in International Financial Law from King’s College London, School of Law (UK).
Danièle speaks French, Luxembourgish, English and German