Education and qualifications
Emilie is an associate in our Paris office, specialising in financial regulation. She advises domestic and international banking, financial institutions, management companies and investment funds in a large variety of work, including the following: creation, structuring and licensing of institutions, change of control, transfer of activities, conduct of business, governance, provision of banking and investment services, regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings.
Emilie advises on all aspects of financial markets regulation, including licensing and regulatory compliance, regulatory reform and cross-border servicing of clients, the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) other ESG regulatory requirements applying to financial market participants such as Taxonomy Regulation, Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), and funds communication on non-financial criteria (the AMF Position-Recommendation 2020-03).
She has advised leading financial institutions and investment firms in financial services regulation on a wide range of activities and on all types of regulatory issues, including structuring, licensing, conduct of business, governance, regulatory investigations and enforcement.
She focus her practice on all aspects of the asset management sector, private equity investments and ESG regulatory requirements.
Before joining Linklaters, her previous experience as a legal intern in the French financial markets authority (the “AMF”) allows her to provide clients with a practical approach on the regulators views/approaches.
Emilie has also been involved in the major Financial M&A deals of the Paris office inducing advising:
- BNP Paribas on the setting up a high-tech fund distribution platform (2020);
- GBL Group on their acquisition of a major French group specialist (authorised as a payment institution) in customer experience and business process outsourcing (2019);
- CVC funds on their acquisition of a major French listed insurance group (2019);
- Promontoria MMB, an investment vehicle held by Cerberus Funds, in its acquisition of Banque Espirito Santo et de la Vénétie (2018-2019);
- AnaCap Funds on their acquisition of Barclays’ French retail banking, insurance and investment management operations (2018).
- The State of the Netherlands on the acquisition of a strategic 14% shareholding interest in Air France KLM SA (2019);
- Transdev Group on their sale of the so-called "cars Macron" Eurolines and Isilines long-distance coach services by Transdev Group (2019).
Emilie advises domestic and international investment management firms covering the French regulatory aspects of structuring, licensing, organising French funds (including private equity funds and real estate funds) and marketing of onshore or offshore funds to investors, either retail or institutional.
Emilie also represents domestic and international institutional investors in connection with their investments in French funds, including private equity and real estate funds.
Emilie advises on all aspects of funds regulation including ESG regulatory requirements such as Taxonomy Regulation, Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), and funds communication on non-financial criteria (the AMF Position-Recommendation 2020-03).
- May 2019: Associate, FRG-IMG, Linklaters
- Nov. 2018: Associate, Corporate (Seat), Linklaters
- 2017 to 2018: Trainee, Linklaters
- 2017 year: Trainee, French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers (the “AMF”)
Education and qualifications
Emilie holds a Master 2 degree in Corporate and Business Law – University Paris II Panthéon Assas (Paris - France)