Employment & Incentives Partner, Paris
"I intervene on all labour law matters, with a focus on corporate transactions and crisis-management mandates. I frequently represent international clients before courts on highly sensitive matters such as collective disputes and departures of senior executives. I also developed the Incentives side of the Paris Employment practice, with a focus in the financial services sector. "
Education and qualifications
Géric is an Employment and Incentives Partner in the Paris office with more than 15 years of experience. He focuses on strategic cross-border and multi-jurisdictional work for international clients such as banks, private equity funds and corporates.
Géric has a strong experience on strategic transactional employment advice for international clients (including coordination work for multi-jurisdictional projects, managing information and consultation procedures, transfer of employees, etc.), crisis-management matters (e.g. moral/sexual harassment cases, investigatory work, negotiation of departures of senior executives, assistance during negotiation with trade unions) and strategic employment-related litigations (e.g. involving trade unions and works councils).
Géric also developed the Incentives side of the Paris practice and plays a key role across the Linklaters network in assisting international clients on their global issues with respect to compensation and benefits.
Geric has led on the employment aspects of numerous high-profile mandates. These include advising:
- TDR Capital: on the acquisition of Touax’s Modular Division Europe and its subsequent integration in Algeco Scotsman, including transfer of employees and mass redundancy plan
- Nestlé SA: on the sale of its Nestlé Skin Health division to a consortium led by EQT and ADIA, involving various works council consultation procedures, appointment of experts and negotiation with unions
- New Look Retailers group: in the context of its international restructuring, including the implementation of a mass redundancy plan in France and closure of 20 stores and multiple subsequent litigations brought by unions and former employees.
- L’Oréal SA: on the sale of The Body Shop International Plc to Natura, including assistance on consultation procedures in various jurisdictions and preparation of incentives and retention packages
- PAI Partners: on the employment aspects of the acquisition of Areas, a global leader in the travel catering market, from Elior Group SA
- RTL Group: on its plan to regroup its French broadcasting activities Groupe M6 and RTL Radio, including management of various works council consultation procedures and crisis-management work
According to Mergermarket, Géric is the number one Employment lawyer in France by volume of M&A transactions involving either a French seller or a French bidder over the past ten years. He also places third within the ranking by accumulated value of transactions.
He is regularly interviewed by journalists of major press outlets (including recently with respect to remuneration issues in the financial sector) and held a number of client seminars and webinars on hot employment topics.
Géric is member of AvoSial (a Union of Avocats advising companies in labour law).
Before joining Linklaters in 2007, Geric worked two years as Employment lawyer at CMS lawfirm in Paris.
Education and qualifications
Géric graduated from the University of Nancy II (Masters’ degree in Tax and Business Law) and the University of Montpellier (Masters’ degree of Company Legal Advisor) and from the Paris bar school.
He speaks French and English.