Counsel. Head of Investment Funds (Hong Kong), Hong Kong SAR
"I advise fund managers and investors on a broad range of investment management matters including the structuring and establishment of, and investment in, alternative investment funds. I focus on providing clients with practical solution-driven advice in order to achieve their goals."
Education and qualifications
Hibban is the head of the Linklaters Hong Kong Investment Funds practice.
He is a specialist in the structuring and establishment of alternative investment funds investing across a range of asset classes (including private equity, debt, real estate and infrastructure) and utilising a broad range of investment structures. He also has significant experience in private equity style joint ventures and equity syndication, coinvestments, fund debt financing (acting for both fund sponsors and lenders) and secondary disposals of fund interests.
Hibban also represents investors across the world in respect of their investments in alternative investment funds and other pooled investment arrangements including institutional investors, pension funds, financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds and multilateral organisations.
He was based in the firm’s London office between 2004 and 2011 and has been based in the firm’s Hong Kong office permanently since 2011.
Hibban has led a broad range of complex and market leading investment fund transactions, including advising:
- CBRE Global Investors on the structuring, set-up, fundraising and ongoing management of several of their institutional real estate funds.
- Invesco Real Estate in connection with the structuring and establishment of the Invesco Real Estate Asia Fund, an open-ended core Asian real estate fund.
- InfraRed NF in connection with the structuring, marketing and establishment of InfraRed NF China Real Estate Fund II.
- Jardine Matheson Group on their venture capital investment and partnership with NIO Capital.
- Double Haven Asset Management on their spin-out from SPARX Asia Investment Advisors (formerly PMA Investment Advisors).
- a range of institutional investors on their investments into a range of alternative investment funds including the Asian Development Bank, the HKMA, PSP Investments and QIA.