Tax Partner, London
I provide tax advice on complex structures and transactions, with a particular focus on private equity and other funds. I thrive on developing long-term relationships with clients to better develop robust solutions that meet their commercial objectives.
Education and qualifications
Jamie has a broad practice which includes advising on funds, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reconstructions, corporate finance and securitisation transactions. In particular, he advises private equity and other funds on the tax and structuring-related matters arising from their investments. He is able to deliver comprehensive, proactive advice to ensure clients are aware of all tax issues throughout the life of their transactions. In addition, he provides bespoke, standalone tax advice, as required.
Jamie has an in-depth understanding of UK tax law, as well as an excellent understanding of the international tax environment, as he frequently advises on cross-border matters. He works closely with the firm’s lawyers in other areas of practice, including Private Equity, Structured Finance and Investment Funds.
Jamie has also advised both employers and trustees on the establishment of, changes to and winding-up of a number of asset-backed pension arrangements.
Jamie has advised on a wide range of complex tax matters. These include advising:
- TDR Capital on the disposal of the LeasePlan group to ALD, Société Générale's car leasing division, for €4.9bn
- I Squared Capital on its acquisition of GTT’s infrastructure business for $2.2bn and on its acquisition of the Domidep care home group in France and associated bolt-on transactions in Germany
- Altaris Capital Partners on its acquisition of Johnson Matthey’s health division
- Capita on the carve-out and disposal of its education software business and the disposal of its stake in Axelos (a joint venture with the Cabinet Office)
- a start-up trade finance lender and its financial sponsor investor on the first-ever trade finance securitisation programme
- Carlyle, as sponsor, on the acquisition of Barbon Insurance Group by PIB
- a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund on its acquisition of an interest in the Istinye Park centre in Turkey
- Aermont Capital on the establishment of its third, fourth and fifth opportunistic real estate funds