Jan Willem de Boer
National Managing Partner, Corporate Partner, Amsterdam
"I am an expert on public and private M&A and boardroom adviser to many Dutch and international clients. My focus is creating solutions for our clients, ensuring the highest quality of work and getting deals done."
Education and qualifications
Jan Willem is the National Managing Partner in the Netherlands and specialises in corporate law, M&A, private equity and restructuring for Dutch and international clients. He is considered to be one of the leading practitioners in the market. Jan Willem has led many of the Dutch market’s most complex and demanding mergers, acquisitions and restructurings. Clients appreciate Jan Willem for his highly effective approach and outstanding performance in near-to-impossible situations and negotiations.
Select key matters led by Jan Willem include advising:
- Unilever on its defence against the hostile takeover bid of Kraft Heinz and 3G
- Mediahuis on its public offer for Telegraaf Media Groep, creating a leading multimedia company in the Dutch-Belgian market
- Cerberus Capital Management. on the acquisition of a controlling interest in Staples, Inc.'s European operations
- Recruit Holdings Co. on its €1.42bn all-cash tender offer for USG People
- a consortium comprising global investors on their proposed acquisition of Propertize, formally known as SNS Property Finance
- Samsung Electronics on the acquisition of a significant stake in ASML and on its subsequent sale of approximately half of this stake