Structured Finance Partner, London
"I specialise in financings and acquisitions in the financial assets and real estate sectors, advising sellers, purchasers, sponsors and lenders on the structuring and execution of complex transactions. I have significant sector knowledge and experience which I use to deliver commercial and innovative solutions to clients."
Education and qualifications
Lucy is a structured finance partner based in London. Her practice covers securitisation, asset-backed financing, performing and non-performing loan portfolio sales and real estate financings.
She is particularly focussed on the acquisition and financing of non-performing loan portfolios across Europe. She also regularly advises real estate lenders and credit funds on their structured financing needs, including creating back-leverage solutions in various forms (loan-on-loan, repackaging, repo programmes and other structured solutions) and the financing of granular portfolios of real estate assets.
Lucy has an active social finance and pro bono practice, with a particular interest in social impact bonds and other supra-national social financings.
Lucy’s recent experience includes advising:
- the successful bidder on the acquisition and financing of the Helix 2 and Helix 3 portfolios of non-performing loans from Bank of Cyprus and the Starlight portfolio from Hellenic Bank in Cyprus
- a credit fund on the financing of a portfolio of NPLs across central and eastern Europe
- a financial sponsor on an innovative margin loan using senior leveraged facilities secured on pan-European NPLs as margin loan collateral
- Citi on the acquisition of c.£5bn of Northern Rock and Bradford & Bingley mortgage loans from UK Asset Resolution
- Cerberus on their £13bn acquisition of NRAM plc (the former Northern Rock mortgage business) from UK Asset Resolution and subsequent securitisations of these assets
- Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance on the establishment and structuring of the COVAX vaccine facility to deliver equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines worldwide