Corporate/M&A Partner, Hamburg
Education and qualifications
Martina specialises in advising national and international companies and financial investors in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and restructurings as well as general corporate law.
Martina is the global co-head of the Transportation sector group.
She is also a member of Linklaters' German and international ESG working groups where a cross-functional team closely follows the current developments around ESG and provides comprehensive advice to clients.
As a member of the firm’s Alternative Legal Services Steering Group and the German Legal Operations Committee, Martina is committed to ensuring that our legal advice is delivered faster and at the right price by involving our specialist teams – from paralegals to legal project managers – and using cutting edge tools to support our advice.
Martina regularly lectures at the euroforum (Handelsblatt Media Group) on M&A contracts and is the Chairman of the Young Executives Network Northern Germany of the British Chamber of Commerce in Germany e.V.
Transactions of significance where substantial involvement can be disclosed have included advising:
- Körber AG in connection with the acquisition of Siemens Logistics' mail and parcel business.
- Körber AG in connection with the disposal of the Group´s Business Area Tissue to the Finnish company Valmet.
- Trans-o-flex Express GmbH & Co. KGaA and their partners: advising on the sale of Trans-o-flex to the french logistic group GEODIS S.A.
- Cosco Shipping Ports Limited in connection with the acquisition of a strategic minority stake in HHLA Container Tollerort GmbH (CTT), a wholly owned subsidiary of HHLA.
- Zeppelin: advising on the acquisition of the Scandinavian Caterpillar sales business.
- Linde: advising on several acquisitions, sales, joint ventures and restructurings and in the context of the US$90bn business combination with Praxair.
- Siemens Healthineers: advising on the acquistion of the in Luxembourg residenting enterprise Fast Track Diagnostics (FTD), a global test supplier for labatory diagnostics.
- Progroup: advising on its strategic acquisition of an alternative fuel power plant from EnBW AG.
- Triton: advising on several transactions, including the sale of the supplier of special fertilizers COMPO Expert to the Chinese Xio Group.
- Siemens: advising on the with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries collectively submitted € 14.6 billion offer for the energy enterprise Alstorm.
Martina joined Linklaters in 2013 and was appointed Managing Associate in 2016. In 2022 she was elected Partner.
In 2015, she was on secondment at Continental AG. She is a member of the German Corporate Law Association (VGR) and of the AmCham Germany.
Education and qualifications
Martina studied law at the College of Marin, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, Université de Genève and Universitat de Barcelona. She also completed a Master of Laws (LL.M.) at King's College in London and the Maitrise en droit in Paris.
She completed her legal traineeship at the Berlin Court of Appeal and in Tokyo.
Martina speaks German, English, French and Croatian.
Martina regularly publishes articles in professional journals and handbooks. Recent publications include:
- Interview on "Fair Chains" with VerkehrsRundschau, VerkehrsRundschau, July 2023
- Speditionen müssen Frachtführer am Spotmarkt prüfen, in: DVZ Deutsche Verkehrs-Zeitung, April 2023
- Grüne Logistik: Zukunftsmusik oder Realität? Die Logistikbranche im ESG-getriebenen Wandel, in: Börsen-Zeitung, Beilage Wirtschaftskanzleien, 01. December 2022.
- ESG in M&A transactions – an update, in: Der Betrieb, special edition ESG, 30 May 2022
- Co-author: Krüger / Pofahl / Kring - Manual for Real Estate Transactions, 2022
- Co-author: Holzapfel / Pöllath / Bergjan / Engelhardt - M&A in law and practice, 16th edition, 2021
- The increasing importance of ESG in M&A transactions, in: Der Betrieb, special edition ESG, 17 May 2021