Managing Associate, Paris
"I always seek to deliver the most pragmatic advice to clients, combining technical soundness and business judgement. It implies that I anticipate their expectations while taking into account the specifics of each transaction."
Education and qualifications
Mehdi is a corporate managing associate based in Paris.
He advises PE houses, investments funds and corporates on their M&A transactions, joint ventures, refinancing and restructurings. He has sound experience on deals involving targets in regulated sectors, such as FIG, energy, healthcare and higher education sectors. He notably has worked on the first acquisition of a banking group carried out by a PE house in France.
He also has a strong knowledge of the African French legal market and has worked on several transactions across the continent.
Mehdi has advised on a number of landmark deals. The most recent include acting for:
- BC Partners on the acquisition of VetPartners, one of the UK’s leading operators of small animal, mixed and equine veterinary practices, and reinvestment of certain controlling shareholders in the group
- Cerberus Capital Management on the €1.2bn acquisition of World Flight Services, the world’s largest air cargo handler and a leading provider of ground handling services
- A leading PE house on the first acquisition of a banking group carried out by a PE house in France, as well as on the subsequent add-on acquisition of another French banking group
- Atlas Merchant Capital on the acquisition of a substantial interest in Kepler Cheuvreux, an independent financial services provider specialised in research, execution and advisory services, alongside major European banks already shareholders of the group
- Partners Group, in consortium with PSP Investments, on the €1.8bn acquisition of Cerba HealthCare, a leading European operator of clinical pathology laboratories, a highly regulated sector in France
- Amethis Africa Finance and National Bank of Canada on the acquisition of a substantial interest in NSIA, a leading pan-African banking and insurance group – Private Equity Africa Single Deal Advisor of the Year Award 2016