Corporate Partner, London
“I am a corporate lawyer with extensive experience across the infrastructure and healthcare sectors. Clients value my commercial thinking, responsiveness and solutions focussed approach resulting in effective and efficient deal execution.”
Education and qualifications
Nicole is a Partner in the firm’s London office. She has broad experience across cross-border public and private M&A transactions, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and corporate governance advice, with a particular focus on the infrastructure, healthcare and consumer sectors. She has also recently advised on some of the firm’s most complex global carve out transactions, combining her sector knowledge and commercial thinking to efficiently deliver throughout each stage of these transactions.
In 2017, Nicole spent six months on secondment to the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie.
- Unilever PLC: advising on the €4.5bn sale of the world’s leading tea business with a portfolio of 34 leading brands (including PG Tips, Pukka, T2 and TAZO), 11 factories and three tea estates in Kenya, Rwanda and Tanzania to CVC Capital Partners
- Arqiva Group Limited: advising on the disposal of its broadcast and smart metering business, first as a 100% disposal and then subsequently an exit by CPPIB only to Digital9
- Green Investment Group: advising on the sale of 50% of its interest in the East Anglia One offshore wind farm
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company: advising on its £46bn (US$62bn) takeover offer for Shire plc – the largest ever outbound M&A deal by a Japanese company and the first major cross-border share exchange offer by a Japanese company
- Arqiva Group Limited: advising on the sale of their telecoms division (towers business) to Cellnex Telecom SA for £2bn, which covered approximately 7,400 of Arqiva’s cellular sites, including masts and towers as well as urban rooftop sites, and the right to market a further 900 sites across the UK
- PGGM Infrastructure Fund: advising on its acquisition of a stake in Alpha Trains from PSP
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets: advising on its acquisition of Empark Aparcamientos y Servicios S.A., the leading car parking operator in Iberia
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG: advising on the €350m sale of its haemostasis product TachoSil to Corza Health, Inc.
- Green Investment Group Limited: advising on its disposal of a 235MW onshore wind farm in central Sweden
- National Grid: advising on its £13.8bn sale of a 61% equity interest in its UK gas distribution business to a consortium of long-term infrastructure investors, including pre-acquisition reorganisations
- Cerberus Capital Management LP: advising on its acquisition of the shares and c. £13bn UK residential mortgage loan book of Northern Rock Asset Management plc from UK Asset Resolution
Education and qualifications
Nicole has a strong academic background having graduated from the University of Technology, Sydney with First Class Honours and the University Medal (Bachelor of Laws) and the CPA Australia Prize for the Best Graduating Student (Bachelor of Business).
Nicole is dual qualified both in New South Wales, Australia and England and Wales.