Global/German Head of Tax, Dusseldorf
Oliver is a partner in our Düsseldorf office and, since 2022, Global Head of Tax. He also heads the German tax practice and is a member of the German Executive Team (GET). Oliver has specialized experience in cross-border tax structuring and planning, tax-orientated restructuring, corporate acquisitions and asset finance (in particular real property investments).
- Acerinox: advising on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in VDM Metals Holding GmbH from Falcon Metals B.V. and Lindsay Goldberg Vogel GmbH.
- AECI: advising on the acquisition of the contract manufacturing business of Imperial Logistics International.
- BASF: advising on the sale of its construction chemicals business to the private equity firm Lone Star for a purchase price over €3bn.
- Bayer: advising on the Dual-Track proceedings (Spin-Off/ IPO) of the synthetic division of Bayer MaterialScience.
- Berwin: advising on the merger with Bryan Cave.
- Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores: advising on the merger of its container business with Hapag-Lloyd and subsequently on the initial public offering of Hapag-Lloyd.
- Deere & Company: advising on its US$5.2bn acquisition of the family-owned Wirtgen Group.
- DeWAG: advising on the sale of 11,500 residential units held by various Dutch and Luxembourg companies.
- a consortium of bidders: advising on various A-model projects (motorways A1, A5, A7, A94).
- Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein: advising on the participation in the sale of 94.9% of the shares in HSH Nordbank to a group of investors including companies / funds of JC Flowers and Cerberus European Investment.
- I Squared Capital: advising on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in TIP Trailer Services.
- Infosys: advising on the acquisition of Lodestone Holding AG.
- ITT: advising on the acquisition of the German Bornemann group in an auction process.
- LetterOne Groupe: advising on its US$21bn merger of the oil and gas businesses of LetterOne and BASF by combining DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG with Wintershall Holding GmbH to create a leading European oil and gas company.
- LG Chemicals: advising on the planned acquisition of the worldwide nylon business of the Belgian Solvay Group.
- LIXIL: advising on the acquisition of the Grohe Group.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA): advising on the acquisition of GLL Real Estate Partners.
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd. and Mitsui & Co. Deutschland GmbH: advising on the acquisition of Chemtrade Aglobis AG.
- NORD/LB: advising on the acquisition of Bremer Landesbank.
- Panasonic Corporation: advising on the acquisition of OpenSynergy.
- Procter & Gamble: advising on the acquisition of the consumer health business of Merck KGaA for more than €3.4bn.
- QIAGEN: advising on the take-over bid by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- SPX Corporation: advising on the sale of Balcke-Dürr Groupe to Mutares.
- VION: advising on the sale of its ingredients business unit to Darling.
- VÖB-ZVD Processing: advising on the sale of the "Network Operation Frankfurt" business unit to SIX Payment Services.
- Volkswagen: advising on various transactions, including:
- the IPO of the Volkswagen subsidiary Traton,
- the sale of Volkswagen AG's (indirect) 76% stake in the listed Renk Aktiengesellschaft to a subsidiary of the investment fund Triton for a total of approximately €520m following an action procedure
- Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group): advising on its acquisition of the Tailored Blanks-Division from ThyssenKrupp Steel Europe AG.
He speaks German and English.