Capital Markets Partner, London
“I am a U.S. lawyer specialising in equity and debt capital markets. I have over 20 years of experience in the global capital markets, covering deals for corporates, investment banks and governments across Europe and Asia. I am able to combine my long-standing expertise in the U.S. federal securities laws with extensive knowledge of these markets.”
Education and qualifications
Pam is a U.S. partner whose areas of expertise include equity and debt capital markets. She has advised on numerous equity offerings and stock exchange listings, including IPOs on the London, New York, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Stockholm, Brussels, Amsterdam and Thailand stock exchanges, as well as secondary offerings, rights issues and debt capital markets transactions for some of the world’s largest companies.
Pam has extensive experience representing corporate and investment banking clients on Rule 144A, Regulation S and SEC-registered offerings.
Pam spent five years in the firm’s Hong Kong office between 2012 and 2016 and she also spent a year on secondment to the investment banking legal department of J.P. Morgan in 2002, where she worked on equity and equity-linked transactions.
Pam’s experience includes advising:
- on IPOs, including Helios Towers, Trainline, Funding Circle, Airtel Africa, Huatai Securities, ContourGlobal, Belgacom, Rosneft, Türk Telekom, Perform, Promethean, African Barrick Gold, Gartmore, Vallar, CSR, ALBA, Sistema Hals, True Telecommunications, BOC Aviation, Astro Malaysia, Orient Securities, Harbin Bank and Shanghai La Chapelle
- on rights issues and follow-on offerings, including for Aston Martin, ASOS, The Restaurant Group, Marks & Spencer, DS Smith, Mandarin Oriental, Gem Diamonds, New World Development, Jardine Cycle & Carriage, St. Barbara, Noble Group, SkyePharma and Pacific Basin
- the banks on the US$100bn merger and reorganisation of Cheung Kong (Holdings) and Hutchison Whampoa, and the subsequent spin-off and listing of their merged property business
- Glencore on multiple Rule 144A bond issuances, as well as other Rule 144A bond issuances
- the Republic of the Philippines on its SEC-registered bond offerings, as well as Rule 144A bond issuances by Armenia, Romania, Austria and Slovenia
- on liability management transactions, including for Anglo American, the Republic of the Philippines, Polo, DBS, National Grid, Rabobank, Slovenia and Sistema
Pam is the co-author of the following publications:
“U.S. Securities Law Briefing: SEC Issues Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures”, February 2018
“Linklaters U.S. Securities Law Briefing - SEC Proposes Modest Changes to Disclosure Rules”, October 2017
“Cross-Border Liability Management and U.S. Federal Securities Law”, June 2017
Education and qualifications
Pam studied English at Harvard University and holds a Juris Doctor from the New York University School of Law.
Pam is a member of the New York Bar, United States of America.