Counsel, New York
Education and Qualifications
Patrick is a counsel in Linklaters’ U.S. Dispute Resolution Practice. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, at both the trial and appellate level, and on contentious regulatory matters. Patrick has broad experience in cross-border civil and criminal cases, international arbitration proceedings and regulatory matters before state, federal and foreign regulators.
Commercial Litigation & Arbitration
- an international financial institution as lead trial counsel in an MDL antitrust and CEA class action arising from allegations of manipulation of foreign exchange markets
- a Brazilian oil and gas conglomerate in multi-jurisdictional arbitrations and parallel state and federal court proceedings arising from a complex commercial contract dispute
- Commerzbank AG, Eurohypo AG, and related entities in connection with multiple investor lawsuits involving payments on complex capital instruments and the treatment of equity securities
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC in connection with auction rate securities arbitrations
- Galaxy Entertainment Group Limited in litigation with convertible bondholders
- Norske Skog in litigation related to certain financing transactions involving Norske Skog and its affiliates
- Dish Network Corp. in connection with litigation regarding its proposed acquisition of DBSD North America, Inc.
- a multi-national financial services company in parallel federal and state regulatory proceedings, with concurrent foreign regulatory investigations, related to benchmark rates
- Air France KLM in DOJ False Claims Act investigation
- A significant Japanese financial institution in cross-border regulatory proceedings
- a major British financial institution in connection with a regulatory investigation into its PPI complaints handling operation
- a Fortune-100 information technology company in its internal investigation into cross-border FCPA issues and concurrent investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and foreign regulators
Patrick is a member of the Banking Law Committee of the New York City Bar, and a member of the Federal Bar Council.
In 2011/2012, Patrick spent seven months on secondment with The Royal Bank of Scotland. In 2013/2014, he spent ten months on secondment with Linklaters’ London Dispute Resolution and Financial Regulatory Groups.
Education and Qualifications
Patrick received a Bachelor of Arts from Duke University, and holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia, where he also edited the Journal of Social Policy & the Law.
Patrick is a member of the New York Bar, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, and the District of Columbia, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the D.C. Circuit.