Pichitpon (Tun) is widely acknowledged as a leading banking lawyer in Thailand, advising domestic and international clients on complex, cross-border banking and debt restructuring deals. He also acts for clients on M&A, capital markets and projects transactions.
Pichitpon has in-depth knowledge of many sectors, including the automotive, financial services, insurance, chemicals, energy and utilities, food and beverages, healthcare, industrials, infrastructure, transport, real estate, retail and telecoms sectors.
Pichitpon has led on, or played a key role in, many major transactions, including advising:
- Groupe Casino, the French retailer, on the sale of its investment in one of Thailand’s largest retailers, Big C, and the simultaneous sale of Big C’s interest in a Thai e-commerce business for a total of €3.1bn
- Mitsui & Co. on its joint venture with Thai Paraxylene Company to establish a joint venture company, LABIX Company, which will engage in a petrochemical plant producing linear alkyl benzene (LAB) to become the first LAB production plant in South East Asia
- Dejphon Chansiri, a Thai businessman, on the acquisition of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, including advising on the financing of the acquisition
- Standard Chartered Bank on a merger between its subsidiary and its Bangkok branch as required under Thailand’s “one presence” policy
- BTS Group on its THB9.4bn acquisition of a 35% shareholding in U City
Education and qualifications
Pichitpon studied law at Chulalongkorn University and gained a master’s in law from the Universities of Melbourne and Canberra.
He speaks Thai and English fluently.