Managing Associate, Litigation, Arbitration & Investigations, London
"I am an English law qualified litigation lawyer with wide-ranging experience in advising clients on difficult commercial issues. My approach is to provide advice which best enables clients to manage their legal risk in a manner that complements the overall commercial objectives of the organisation and its stakeholders."
Education and qualifications
Rebecca is a Managing Associate in the Litigation, Arbitration & Investigations team in London. She works in cross-practice and cross-border teams to advise multinational clients from a range of sectors including financial services and commodities. She assists clients on various contentious and advisory matters including commercial litigation, ESG litigation, competition litigation, shareholder disputes and financial regulatory investigations.
In addition to working in the firm’s London office, Rebecca has spent time working in the firm’s Litigation, Arbitration & Investigations teams in Singapore and Hong Kong and has completed client secondments with a global investment bank and a multinational oil and gas company. Rebecca is part of the firm’s ESG Disputes working group.
Rebecca’s experience includes:
- Acting for a multinational telecommunications company in its defence of competition litigation proceedings brought by the administrators of Phones4U alleging collusion between multiple UK-based network operators and their European parent entities to cease supplying Phones4U.
- Advising the subsidiary of a global bank in connection with a dispute arising from a high value securitised loan.
- Acting for an overseas subsidiary and its UK holding company in defending English civil litigation proceedings brought on behalf of 22 Peruvian nationals in connection with alleged human rights abuses.
- Advising a global financial institution on emerging ESG litigation and enforcement risks.
- Advising a consumer goods company on the defence of securities litigation brought in connection with historical investigations of anti-competitive practices.
- Advising a commodity trading company on potential English civil proceedings relating to unfair prejudice and conspiracy claims.
- Acting for a global financial institution on its defence of large group litigation relating to alleged competition law breaches concerning FX trading.
Rebecca has previously undertaken a secondment to Credit Suisse’s Litigation & Investigations team in Hong Kong.
Rebecca is co-lead of the firm’s Banking Litigation Alerts initiative, which reports on cases of interest in the banking litigation sector. She is also part of the ESG Disputes working group, which collaborates with other practices across the firm to track and inform clients about key ESG developments.
Education and qualifications
- UK High Court confirms that climate-related derivative action against Shell cannot proceed, Sara Feijao, Wilma Rix (linklaters.com)
- English High Court assesses validity of assignments to decide whether it has jurisdiction over sovereign debt claims (linklaters.com)
- Co-author of Lexology GTDT Practice Guide - Mining 2022, Chapter “Management of Group-wide Environmental, Social and Governance Risk in a Mining Context”.