Dispute Resolution Managing associate, London
"I am an English law qualified dispute resolution lawyer with wide ranging experience in advising clients on difficult commercial issues. My approach is to provide advice which best enables clients to manage their legal risk in a manner that complements the overall commercial objectives of the organisation and its stakeholders."
Education and qualifications
Rebecca is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution team. She works in cross-practice and cross-border teams to advise multinational clients that operate in the financial, commodities, retail, and information services sectors. She assists clients on a range of contentious and advisory matters in a variety of contexts including financial regulatory investigations, commercial litigation, and insolvency.
In addition to working in the firm’s London office Rebecca has recently completed secondments to the firm’s Dispute Resolution teams in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Rebecca enjoys being involved in the firm’s pro bono projects. Most recently she has advised NGOs on their business response to Covid-19 and has been part of a digitisation project to help transform the case management process for HELP For Domestic Workers, a charity that provides advice and assistance on employment, immigration and human rights issues to domestic workers.
Rebecca’s experience includes:
- advising a multinational food manufacturer on to potential civil proceedings relating to a contractual dispute;
- advising a multinational commodity trading business in litigation proceedings concerning alleged human rights abuses and parent company liability;
- advising a Swiss bank on cross-jurisdiction financial regulatory investigations concerning the bank’s Asia Pacific business;
- advising a USA based payment technology business in relation to a commercial dispute and related litigation proceedings;
- advising a UAE based transport logistics company on strategic aspects of ongoing legal proceedings in Southeast Asia; and
- advising the UK administrators of an insolvent investment bank on a scheme of arrangement and a separate European tax investigation.
Rebecca has previously undertaken a secondment to Credit Suisse’s Litigation & Investigations team in Hong Kong.
Rebecca is co-lead of the firm’s Banking Litigation Alerts initiative, which reports on cases of interest in the banking litigation sector. She is also part of the Dispute Resolution ESG working group, which collaborates with other practices across the firm to track and inform clients about key ESG developments.